Light-O-Rama Forums

Why run a sequence to shutdown a show?

denamy1

Could someone please tell me why I would want to run a sequence in the shutdown section to shut down a show when you can just list the sequences in the musical section and the show ends when the last sequence or animation is payed? I am having a hard time trying to figure out why I would use startup and shudown rather than just list the sequences. Thanks.

The musical section repeats when it gets to the end. So if your show runs long enough for it to loop back to the top, you are not sure which song will be last.

Let me give a scenario. Last season I started my show at 6:00PM each evening and ended it at 6:15PM. All I did was list the 5 musical sequences in the sequence editor under musicals. I did not use start up, shutdown or anything. It worked fine. This year I put the last musical sequence in shutdown and now it repeats the first musical sequence before shutting down. Do I need to cut back on the show times because I put one in shut down? I also want to have my lights come on until 10:00 then shut off. I made a 1 minute all lights on animation and made that a second show to start right after my first show. Does this sound right?

Suppose your show runs for three hours. At the end of the three hours you want a "good night folks, show is over" sequence to run.

You would place your 5 sequences in the musical tab, and they would play during the show. The shutdown sequence would then play only at the end of the show.

• Like 1