Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't get my lights to stay on after the show

denamy1

I ran my show tonight and all went well except my lights didn't stay on after the shutdown sequence. In show editor, I did un-check the box that says "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence". All my lights went out after the shutdown sequence and that was it. Can someone please help? Thanks.

You'll need to create and schedule another show. Once a show is over the lights go out. The "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence" applies during the show, not after it.

Now I am sorta confused. So does that mean in order to keep my lights on I have to make up shows with no music and just all the channels on? I know I am limited to like 9 minutes for a show length, I suppose I could just list like 10 shows of just lights and no music. So why bother using a shutdown then?

How are you running your shows? Via computer, Showtime Director or Mini-Director?

There is no limitation on how long a show can be. There used to be a limitation on the mini-director that limited musical sequences to 10 minutes, but even then the overall show could be as long as you wanted it.

But yes, create an animation sequence that has the lights you want to be on after the show 'on'. It doesn't have to be long, just a minute or so. Then create a show with that sequence, but do not "turn off unused lights at end of sequence." Now schedule that show for 1, 2, 3 hours, or however long you want the lights to stay on.

I am running my show via the computer. LOR software will not let me make a show longer than 60 minutes for some reason. So I cannot make a 4 hr show of just the lights on. I am running the full latest version of LOR software.

I am unaware of any limitations in the Simple Show Builder, or the Scheduler Editor that would limit you to one hour shows.

Which are you using to create your shows? Simple Show Builder or the regular Schedule Editor?

If it's the SSB, you can't choose but one hour?

If it's the SE, what happens when you give a start/stop time greater than an hour? Looking for the exact error message.

You don't need a 4 hour sequence. A 1 minute sequence will do the trick. Just create a show with that sequence, then schedule that show to run for 4 hours.

Ah.. Now I got it. Now I just have to figure out how to time it correctly. Do I just schedule it to start one minute after my last show or should I schedule it to start at the ending time of the previous show?

If your regular show is set to end at 10:00pm, schedule the 'after hours' for 10:00pm as well.

The software will finish playing a musical sequence, then proceed to the items in the Shutdown tab. After that, (or if no items are in the Shutdown tab) then it will move on to the next scheduled event. (For those who have no event scheduled, it will simply wait for next show.)