Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB's - One controller giving bad colors.

aurickle

Hi there. I've built a mega-tree with 8 CCB sets (16 strands) and powered it up for the first time tonight. Unfortunately, one of the 8 controllers seems to be giving bad commands to its strands. Individual bulbs are fading and turning on/off at the right times but their colors are wrong.

It is both of the strands connected to this one specific controller, so I know the problem isn't with the strands. It has to be the controller itself.

Does anyone have ideas for how this can be fixed, or am I looking at a bad controller?

Thanks!

Use the hardware utility and look at the configuration of that CCB controller. Ensure it is set the same as your other ones. For most typical set ups, that is going to be Normal (not Legacy) mode, and Triples (not Sequential).

Now that the show's not running I went into the hardware utility. This controller is set exactly the same as the others. Every setting is identical.

I'm lucky that the two affected strands are at the exact 9 o'clock position in the circle. The audience is at 6 o'clock, so those two strands are the least visible. I unplugged them from the controller last night until this can get figured out, and I think that the audience will be none the wiser.

By the way, a mega tree made of CCB's looks incredible. Now I just need to figure out the camera settings to best capture the color effects. Right now it's catching too much light and the color bulbs end up looking almost white. LOL

• The topic was locked