Light-O-Rama Forums

Has A Release Date Been Set

Tom B.

doublea wrote:

I hate to be a burden myself, but I have one big question, will lor 2 be ready in time for the 2007 holiday season?

I just ordered my first lor controller, it should be here Wednesday the 12th ;) I cant wait. I jumped right into the software, Having been fooling around with the demo for about 6 hours in the past, I had the General idea of what i was doing. I got the first 30 seconds of Christmas Cannon done :P I was pretty proud of That actualy...

Now, I love the lor 1 software, but I'm bursting out of my skin waiting for lor 2, the features list on it makes it sound rather cool, and it makes it sound like the entire programing of a show is much more creative, more time creating less time fighting the program to get just what you want.

My favorite lor 2 feature being - twinkle and shimmer fade :)

NOW, the question, am I being an optimist thinking I'm going to be using the lor 2 software in time for 2007 holiday season? I have held myself off from doing too much in lor1, hoping to do it in lor2, I know you can move your files to lor2, but I just want to do it with lor 2.

Anyways keep up the excellent work LOR2 beta testers :) and LOR.

I would recomend downloading some from LOR Sequences.com and using those as templates to determine timing and such.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Denny

• Ponddude

• Dale W

• Brad Stevens

yea I went to lor sequences, and got a few shows. It really does help with the beat. Though I feel bad copying and pasting. But for the backround elements I may need to. I do have limited time, since i orderd lor so late in the year. Thanks for the advice.

If you go to LOR Sequences, do not feel bad about copying or pasting. If the sequence programmer did not want you to do so, then he/she would not have posted it in the first place.

My philosophy is that you should use every resource available at your disposal.

• 2 weeks later...

We're past the middle of September with no announcement about the date. Unfortunately, I have to commit to not using LORII at this point. I'm not willing to make changes to my system this close to Halloween. That's too bad as we've been axiously awaiting the upgrade for a long time. Oh well, hopefully it will be released in time for next year's display. :(

Larry Hazeltine wrote:

We're past the middle of September with no announcement about the date. Unfortunately, I have to commit to not using LORII at this point. I'm not willing to make changes to my system this close to Halloween. That's too bad as we've been axiously awaiting the upgrade for a long time. Oh well, hopefully it will be released in time for next year's display. :(
I would prefer to wait until the bugs are out (and I presume Dan would too), than to release a product before it should be released.

Look at how Microsoft delivers their new stuff. Vista is full of holes that "unpaid Beta testers" that purchased machines with it on, or those that upgraded their systems to it had to debug.

I can wait as long as it takes because I am sure that once it is released, people like me that can fall into the only bug in a program will find it.

However, not all people are perfectly hunky-dory waiting for a product that was promised two years ago; especially since they are not releasing an operating system. Dan promised, repeatedly, that LOR 2 would be out for 2006. Now, he has promised it for 2007. I am starting to notice a trend...

Brad Stevens wrote:

However, not all people are perfectly hunky-dory waiting for a product that was promised two years ago; especially since they are not releasing an operating system. Dan promised, repeatedly, that LOR 2 would be out for 2006. Now, he has promised it for 2007. I am starting to notice a trend...

The difference between last year and this year is that it is closer to being released.

Even though we can't read it, I notice on the Beta Testing Forum that there are only two topics and three posts. I am going to be optimistic and assume that is a good sign, good that there aren't many problems and that it should be released very soon.

From the outside looking in, it appears that LOR hired a Crack programmer and over the last year completely reinvented the sequencer.

Look at all the new features! Beta testers have sounded upbeat and bugs have been address (I think I heard they are on their third beta update).

I may be wrong about all this but I "would" bet money on LORII being out before christmas.

I would love it for halloween but I've got other options for that.

Denny wrote:

Even though we can't read it, I notice on the Beta Testing Forum that there are only two topics and three posts.

Whoops!

You're supposed to be able to read it. We accidentally messed up the permissions. This should be fixed now, so you should be able to read it.

Sorry, and thanks!

grimshady wrote:

From the outside looking in, it appears that LOR hired a Crack programmer and over the last year completely reinvented the sequencer.

[snip]

LOR has been in the works for over 2 years. Over that time 5 different programmers have contributed to the project. Currently there are 3 full time programmers supporting the beta test... (also one part time programmer contributing a little his time (me!) :)... Probably good for you all that they keep me away from it:?

Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Currently there are 3 full time programmers supporting the beta test... (also one part time programmer contributing a little his time (me!) :)... Probably good for you all that they keep me away from it:?

Dan

That's like keeping the soon-to-be father out of the delivery room! :cool:

bob wrote:

Denny wrote:
Even though we can't read it, I notice on the Beta Testing Forum that there are only two topics and three posts.

Whoops!

You're supposed to be able to read it. We accidentally messed up the permissions. This should be fixed now, so you should be able to read it.

Sorry, and thanks!

Thank You!!

- Kevin

Keep chugging away! I'm sure the results will be GREAT! We are all anxious but I know that I would rather have a successful, STABLE, product rather than one that I have to fight all the time.

Thanks for the work (and the free upgrade as a result)

Matt

Check out this link, it will give you a good idea of where everything is at. http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum85/14619.html As far as I can tell, all the ShowStoppers except 2, are in beta testing.

These are the ones that are not in beta testing yet, but listed as being tested.

[*]DS16 (Sequence Editor) (ShowStopper) 9/19/2007 4:11 PM EDT: We are not allowed to redistribute Windows Media Player (at least, not in the manner that we are currently doing).
[*]WB12 (Hardware Utility) (ShowStopper) 9/19/2007 4:00 PM EDT: A sequence could not be sent to a controller using the LOR MP3 feature because the Hardware Utility could not find the MP3 file, despite the fact that the Sequence Editor could.

Denny wrote:

Check out this link, it will give you a good idea of where everything is at. http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum85/14619.html As far as I can tell, all the ShowStoppers except 2, are in beta testing.

These are the ones that are not in beta testing yet, but listed as being tested.

[*]
DS16 (Sequence Editor) (ShowStopper) 9/19/2007 4:11 PM EDT: We are not allowed to redistribute Windows Media Player (at least, not in the manner that we are currently doing).
[*]
WB12 (Hardware Utility) (ShowStopper) 9/19/2007 4:00 PM EDT: A sequence could not be sent to a controller using the LOR MP3 feature because the Hardware Utility could not find the MP3 file, despite the fact that the Sequence Editor could.
so with that being said and today the 30th i guess its safe to presume the september possibility is gone lol

I have pretty much decided to basically do a static display with some simple animations this year. I tried sequencing with LOR I, but this being only my second year, it is too cumbersome for me to sequence 160 channels. From what I understand of the "Tracks" feature in LOR II, it should be much easier to sequence a show for next year.

This year, I find myself forgetting about the channels I cannot see on the screen, and then get frustrated having to scroll up and down the screen. Like LOR II, I figure it is best to wait and get it the way I want it for next year rather than push something through and not be satisfied.

Guest wbottomley

Denny wrote:

I have pretty much decided to basically do a static display with some simple animations this year. I tried sequencing with LOR I, but this being only my second year, it is too cumbersome for me to sequence 160 channels. From what I understand of the "Tracks" feature in LOR II, it should be much easier to sequence a show for next year.

This year, I find myself forgetting about the channels I cannot see on the screen, and then get frustrated having to scroll up and down the screen. Like LOR II, I figure it is best to wait and get it the way I want it for next year rather than push something through and not be satisfied.

This is my third year animating lights but I've doing a display nearly 20 years. LOR I has performed great for me. When the upgrade came out (1.6.1), It made it easier to sequence to the music. That's when I had 128 channels, now I've moved up to 176 and it's still the same.

Yes... that's a bunch of channels to do at a time, but I have mine grouped together like, house red, garage red, floods red, and windows red. That way, I have a handle on things.

In LOR II, the tracks feature makes it easier to group things together, but I'm the old class that likes to do everything manually some times.

Go ahead and do as much as you can in LOR I, when LOR II is released, trust me, it will be worth the wait.

Here's a picture on how I've grouped my channels together:

screenshot.jpg