Light-O-Rama Forums

Has A Release Date Been Set

Tom B.

Since LOR II is scheduled to be released very soon (September) would it be feasible to at least release the manual/help section so we can begin reading and studying the new features?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Denny

• Ponddude

• Dale W

• Brad Stevens

Denny wrote:

Since LOR II is scheduled to be released very soon (September) would it be feasible to at least release the manual/help section so we can begin reading and studying the new features?

If they develop software like most places, the documentation is the last thing done.

One thing that worries me about a September release-

The 30th still qualifies as a "September release" I hope it doesn't come to this...

[glow=blue]ANY PROGRESS REPORTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY EVERYONE HERE DAN! Thanks for all your hard work. ;)[/glow]

Looks like a late September release since Dan just requested beta testers today for a few weeks of testing in September...

DrNiceGuy wrote:

Looks like a late September release since Dan just requested beta testers today for a few weeks of testing in September...

I do hope they find, and are able to fix, all of the bugs. This seems pretty late for bug testing, but oh well.

BTW, I don't think Dan is going to say it's done, until it's 100% done. He's been burned in the past by giving unrealistic release dates, so I know he's learned his lesson.

Not sure about Dan, but when I release a public Beta, that means I think there are no showstoppers, but want to make sure with a quick test of public testers.

Hopefully thats the case here, and there are no showstoppers preventing a mid-late September release.

I am not going to speak for Dan or any of the people for LOR, but I will say this...LOR 2 is awesome, with a lot of really cool features that will make programming easier and make your shows very in-depth with features that are going to make your audience really say "WOW." I think Dan is really doing the best thing for the company by letting people who are used to the software, and know how to use it, test it.

So I know it's frustrating not knowing what it will be like, but trust me...it's well worth the wait!!!;)

Greg

I have been testing out the software for dan as one of his beta testers and i dont think lor 2 is that great hahahhahaha just kidding I think its awesome. The fact of the matter is why would he release it and then have 500 people calling asking ?'s if there is some bugs to be worked out when you can have a handfull of people calling to work them out. He is not stupid he just wants to release a product that everyone will be happy with. Hang in there it will be worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brad Stevens wrote:

nnewby wrote:
I just want to see the beta forums.. all i see is no posts and forum selection page says there are two posts.. ;)

That is because LOR 2 is hidden to us commoners.

Well there really isn't any such thing as a commoner... Everyone was given the opertunity to be a prospective Beta Tester. About 100 applied and about 25 people are now Beta testers.

People were choosen because of their qualifications. Many of them have software QA experience and this helps alot. For example people try functions with empty files, delete files that should be there and see how the software handles it. Those types of skills are very valuable to us.

Other people were choosen so that we had various operating systems covered, we had people with different hardware to be tested such as DIO cards and X10 interfaces, etc....

It would be silly and counter productive of use to give a general release of the beta software. Even 100 beta testers would be a problem to manage, weed out duplicate errors, get a number of "false" reports, etc.. but what if we opened it up to everyone (Say on LOR support page) and 4 or 5 thousand people grabbed at it! It would quickly run out of control.

I have been in the Software Business for 30 years. This beta path will get the software, with quality into peoples hands as quickly as possible.

Dan

Dan you are the man! - I think everyone is a little itchy because it is September already and they are waiting for LOR II to start programming. I took your advice and I hope many others as well and I have been programming songs using 1.6.1 version - I will defintely appreciate LOR II in the off season if you would call it for 2008. I think this topic has been fulfilled and I will await the future release.

Bill

LightORamaDan wrote:

Well there really isn't any such thing as a commoner... Everyone was given the opertunity to be a prospective Beta Tester.

I was being sarcastic. I was noting that the majority of people would like to read what is going on because we have not hands on demos or test software. We have been hearing about LOR 2 for 2 years now (ironic, isn't it?) and have not seen it come to fruition.

DCook wrote:

terrypowerz,

If you are a beta tester, shouldn't you be testing not posting in the forums. :)

How will we ever get LOR II if you keep posting and not testing. :(

- Darrell

Darrell - Your post should be nominated the post of the day!

DCook wrote:

terrypowerz,

If you are a beta tester, shouldn't you be testing not posting in the forums. :)

How will we ever get LOR II if you keep posting and not testing. ;)

- Darrell

Jeesh! Can a guy let his eyes un-cross for a minute? :P

I hate to be a burden myself, but I have one big question, will lor 2 be ready in time for the 2007 holiday season?

I just ordered my first lor controller, it should be here Wednesday the 12th ;) I cant wait. I jumped right into the software, Having been fooling around with the demo for about 6 hours in the past, I had the General idea of what i was doing. I got the first 30 seconds of Christmas Cannon done :P I was pretty proud of That actualy...

Now, I love the lor 1 software, but I'm bursting out of my skin waiting for lor 2, the features list on it makes it sound rather cool, and it makes it sound like the entire programing of a show is much more creative, more time creating less time fighting the program to get just what you want.

My favorite lor 2 feature being - twinkle and shimmer fade :)

NOW, the question, am I being an optimist thinking I'm going to be using the lor 2 software in time for 2007 holiday season? I have held myself off from doing too much in lor1, hoping to do it in lor2, I know you can move your files to lor2, but I just want to do it with lor 2.

Anyways keep up the excellent work LOR2 beta testers :) and LOR.