Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequences Won't Play..,

jimswinder

I have been using my desktop to edit and create my sequences..everything was working fine...could even see them on the visualizer.

But today, after actually setting up my lights and plugging in my controllers and CAT5 cables and USB485 adapter to my computer, when I hit "Play" in the sequences, NOTHING!! It doesn't even move!!

And yes, I do have the "Move Grid With Play" checked and the "Control Lights"..but nothing..no movement, no sound, nothing...

Hardware Utility finds all my controllers, and I can test all the lights, just the sequence editor is not working.

Even did a reboot of the computer...

Even reinstalled the LOR software...still nothing. Am I missing something REALLY simple??

Using Windows 7 if that matters...

Edited by jimswinder

So, really simple question. You don't have two LOR programs opened at once, do you? Only one program can take control of the comm port at a time.

What color is the square in the lower right part of the Sequence Editor?

So, really simple question. You don't have two LOR programs opened at once, do you? Only one program can take control of the comm port at a time.

What color is the square in the lower right part of the Sequence Editor?

Orange...

And nope, nothing else open.

Now it has changed to blue...

Edited by jimswinder

Wow... I have an external Mobile Pre Amp as my sound card and I had unplugged the USB end from my computer...just plugged it back in and now everything is working...

Strange that would not allow the Sequence Editor not to work..

Thanks for the quick responses Don...

Edited by jimswinder

you need to be careful with windows 7. every time my son uses the headphones it stops everything..thankfully this was noticed during a testing phase midday..hes now been shunned to the old PC hahaha

you need to be careful with windows 7. every time my son uses the headphones it stops everything..thankfully this was noticed during a testing phase midday..hes now been shunned to the old PC hahaha

shunned huh? Sounds like someone has been watching "Breaking Amish"!! LOL

shunned huh? Sounds like someone has been watching "Breaking Amish"!! LOL

Hahaha thanks for the chuckle...I knew as I was typing that it wasn't a good choice!

You said a mouthful there pal. So the gist of this is, you were using an external USB sound card... and removing it stopped play? Is the internal sound device disabled? I'm just wondering why it wouldn't revert back to another available device (assuming one is available...) LOR has some strange ways of indicating missing hardware. It will complain with a cryptic dialog if you don"t have a comm port available because you don't have a USB485 connected when starting... but if there's no sound device (a problem that is probably handled by the media player) it just won't play? At least you found it before the high winds...

Jeff

Hey Jeff...

Yeah, my internal sound card went bad so bought an external one a few years back. And nope..did not find it before our high winds hit Seattle on Monday..had a few things broken, including a CCR ribbon. :wacko:

But the trees are still standing!!! (for now..but the season is young!!!) :P

Edited by jimswinder