Light-O-Rama Forums

EDM Transmitter - Which one to get?

asetti

So I started this hobby (obsession) last jan and have my show set up. I am SO NOT HAPPY with my whole house FM transmitter. I am going to order one of the EDM ones and hope it gets here in time to replace my current one before christmas is over.

I would like recommendations on which one should I get. I searched the forums and I see alot of buy EDM not WholeHouse (i know i know should have done that in Jan)....But not which version.

Is there really a big difference between:

EDM-LCD-CS-P - Basic Series KIT Options

EDM-TX-LCD-P - Next step up

I know the RDS enabled one allows you to send the info to people's radio (ie song name, artist, message, etc) and would be my first choice. But I am trying to go as cheap as possible at this point.

Would the basic one work or is there a substantial quality difference between the two basic ones enoguh so I should get the next step up.

The RDS in not a budget option at this point.

I have the RDS one, but many have reported being pleased with the CS one. That is the one I would get (It wasn't available when I bought mine). You better order quick if you want it here by Christmas. Maybe you can beg them to rush it.

From their website:

LAST ORDERS FOR 2012 WILL BE ACCEPTED ON NOV, 23, 2012.

ORDERS WILL REOPEN ON JAN, 7, 2013