Light-O-Rama Forums

Lor monitor stopped working

butlerlj

I continually receive the lor monitor stopped working error during my shows. I only have to enable the show again to get it to work for a while and then it will shut down again. I have tried everything under the sun. Has there been a known good fix for this? I have tried different software versions, updating drivers, turning off screen saver, cleaning my registerys and more. I am running vista with the the lor provided 10 foot cat 5 and usb cable and adapter. I am running a gen3 controller that I just purchased last month. This problem has surely been addressed by LOR by now. Running a sequence from sequence editor will run with no problem but running a show is where I have the issue.

What does the message say, exactly, word for word, in full?

Where does the message appear? For example, as a Windows popup message?

Does the LOR status window show anything? If so, what, exactly, word for word, in full?

below is what the error message states exactly; along with the two options

LORMonitor has stopped working

Check online for a solution and close program

Close the program

I think I have it fixed. Took a look at the status log and it had several windows media errors. I had audio files with .wav as well as mp3 extensions with different sequences. One mp3 had 112kb bit rate another had 320 a couple were 128. I converted every audio file to mp3 128kb bit rate and all seems fine. Been running 2 hours now with no problem. Thanks bob for directing me to the status log.

Had the same thing happen to me last night. My shows have been working from the day after Thanksgiving from 6 pm to 9 pm. with no problems. Then last night I noticed the show had stopped. I checked the computer and it said that the LOR monitor was not responding. I tried to chick on the monitor and it wouldn't show up. I rebooted and started the show again. After a few of the sequences played, it stopped again, so I rebooted again. This time when I shut down, I had an update from windows that installed. My computer automatically updates windows. I hope that it was just that update that threw everything off. I will see tonight.

I think I may have found what is wrong. The bit rate on one of my songs are 256 and the rest are 128 bite rate. It is in mp3 format. Anyway to change the 256 bit rate from 256 to 128.

Thanks

Edited by indi

• 3 weeks later...

I am having this same issue, but I'm not using MP3's or .WAV's. My sequences are all video files (.WMV) Anybody come up with a way to solve this when the primary files are all video?