Light-O-Rama Forums

time between songs

nucmed24

I ran a trial run of my show tonight... used Simple Show Builder to add all the songs to the show. It looked really good... however I am noticing that there is 5-10 seconds between songs. Is there a way to shorten the time between songs? Or is this common? Or is it possibly my laptop running slow to load the next sequence?

Thanks for any help...

The first time through the rotation when playing a show it takes a few seconds to load each sequence. If your show is set to loop, there won't be any lag between songs once the playlist turns over.

I'm having this issue now as well. Two things to check are "Use Compressed Sequences" in the control panel. The other is in the "options" for the show editor "Sequences are loaded before any are played".

I noticed that mine were lagging. I set the "Use compress sequences" and they worked fine. As the show progressed on for about an hour the lag came back. I just set the second option to load sequences before playing and we will see how it goes.

I does appear to be only my voice overs and not songs which I changed this year (weird). I did LOR uninstall / reinstall this year for some reason and I'm hoping it just lost some of my settings. Time will tell.

If things are running correctly I think the next sequence should load in a matter of 1-3 seconds unless you have a very slow PC. Mine was doing it while idling.

I had "Windows Commands" in sequences to set my BetaBrite scrolling display. I took these out and it ran for two hours last night with only 1 second delays at most. I'll test again tonight but I'm thinking there was a lag in the windows command that was causing the problem intermitantly for me.

Changing the scrolling message display was a technically neet feature but did not provide my guests with much information so it will be nice to rid myself of the headache anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Show has been running like it should. I don't miss the scrolling message board update all the time and I doubt my guests care either.