Light-O-Rama Forums

mini director sd card?

randall

Will any sd card work or are they specially formated sd cards? Want to do a couple of different shows but don't want to have to keep loading it on to the sd card for different shows..

Any* SD card will work.

* I say any, but the early versions of the Directors would only take certain brands of cards. The more recent versions (last 2-3 years) have gotten much better. However, you want to make sure your SD card is formatting with the "FAT" file system, and not NTFS.

* I say any, but the early versions of the Directors would only take certain brands of cards. The more recent versions (last 2-3 years) have gotten much better.

And you can update the firmware on the older models to correct this previous issue.

Thank you for the quick repays. One other question, the manual says up to a 2 gig card would it be possible to use a bigger card? Have been to many stores and the smallest cards I have found are 4 gig cards..

Thank you for the quick repays. One other question, the manual says up to a 2 gig card would it be possible to use a bigger card? Have been to many stores and the smallest cards I have found are 4 gig cards..

Models with the old firmware 2GB is the max, but those with the newest firmware can exceed that.

Thank you again. Will check the firm ware after work today. Purchased the mini director last year but hey you never know if it is current.

just an up date stopped to the local walmart on my way home got a 2 pack of sd cards loaded music and sequences on them just fine. loaded it in the mini player and it played the first sequence for the min it was in there will let it play all the way through this weekend. but so far so good. thank you for all the help..