Light-O-Rama Forums

Wires

Guest guest

If you are talking about the power cords...
One ~or~ Two per 16 channel board depending on the model.

The control or Data wire is a single cat5e cable that is daisy chained from board to board so only one comes from the house.

I hope that helps!

Ok, I thought each channel had to come in the house. Then I only need one CAT5 cable to go to the box, then only extension cords go the lights right (No CAT5)?

Where is the cheapest place to buy a 8 channel?? I think I will experiment first, before I take it all the way.

Correct...cat5e between box and PC, (and between boxes if you have more than one!)
8 or 16 cords come out of box to go to the lights.

The cheapest place to buy a control would be from Dan at http://www.lightorama.com !!!

Hint: There will be a sale in April!

Buy the starter kit with software (the demo will not actually control lights)
and the controller of your choice

(You can watch and see if someone puts one up for sale on the "For Sale" forum here, but that does not happen often!)

Get a hobbiest board and put it in your own enclosure if you are up to it and you might save a bit that way!

If you are tech challenged then get the Showtime box which is ready to plug and play!

Justin,

Seems we have a couple hoosiers that are in the LOR family -- hope you join us. My suggestion: 8 will probably not be enough, and you will want more channels. Consider the cost of 8 vs. 16 ... if you can afford the upgrade ... I'd say do it.

Good luck to you, and feel free to email me if you have any questions.

T

Wow!

At this rate we will have to have a Hoosier mini-PLUS!:happytree:

You are real close tabjraxa !!!

Nice to meet a fellow LOR user!

And I do agree if at all possible, go for 16 channels if possible... it is more than twice as fun!!!:)

Just how hard is the hobbiest way?? I mean is there alot of wiring to do??? How much additional stuff do you have to buy to make the hobbiest work??? Or any other comments about the hobbiest way??? I would really like to use it but it just seems like it is alot of money for it to be used only a few times a year. Does any one know how much they will mark it down in April???