Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel on with no show running

djsk0tt

thank you for your ideas and help i truly appreciate it, I will be calling them and go from there. Its just so close to thanks giving and my next day off from work is black Friday... So its imparative i reslove this so the show goes on Thanksgiving night id really hate to have to hook up Mr.christmas

I know the Cat5 cable was brought up and you mentioned it came with the controller and worked. But I would physically replace it just to see. The randomnous of what your controller is doing leads me to think it to be at a Cat5 connection or cable. I've seen new cables fail.

Next thing I might do is re-install the LOR software.

These are two things you can do at home while waiting for WOWlights to respond back.

Edited by Santas Helper

So i picked up a 50' cable and here i sit with my laptop running a show and No issues. no random circuits going off, No Hung lights. ights turning off after sequences. Now i wait for Wowlights to call to see what they have to say i think problem solved, Faulty cable. /cross fingers

So i picked up a 50' cable and here i sit with my laptop running a show and No issues. no random circuits going off, No Hung lights. ights turning off after sequences. Now i wait for Wowlights to call to see what they have to say i think problem solved, Faulty cable. /cross fingers

That would be nice to just be the cable. I learned my lesson a few years ago. Hope it works out to be just that.

Even though the problem has been solved. I have to ask a question. Was the old cable ran in the bundle with the A.C. cords (power cords) and the new cat 5 cable is not laying right next to the power cables as of yet?

Cat5 is running down the hole that had no wires at the bottom of the controler box, and up thru my attic to the computer on the other side of the house, i replaced the entire cable using the same path in the attic. Its not bundled to the power cords,

Good question MP,

I'm thinking a Cat5 cable tester would show something and curious to see if it would on this deal.

I have one and it does come in handy (I have many controllers so many cables are used).

But even one cable can cause major problems obviously.

I too have seen a new cable with a problem right out of the bag.

Edited by Santas Helper