Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence issue

jaztram

My sequence will run in the show editor. I hear it play and see it running through the grid but for some reason it does not activate the light outside. WHY? I have some that will work and some that wont and it is getting a bit frustrating.

My sequence will run in the show editor. I hear it play and see it running through the grid but for some reason it does not activate the light outside. WHY? I have some that will work and some that wont and it is getting a bit frustrating.

Im guessing you mean sequence editor and not show editor because you can see it and hear it play?? I'm only asking because there is a show editor which you use to create your show from the sequences.

If playing from the SE, make sure the control lights is checked under the play tab.

Also check your network preference and verify your comm ports are setup correctly (Edit>Preferences>Network Preferences)

And check your sequences....verify the assign channels and network is correct and connected to the correct Unit IDs.

And what John stated...check those cat5 cables.

These simple little oversights can ruin your days, night and weeks!

Kevin

I think the OP actually took the seq and made a show and could control the lights. But the op was not real clear but the mention of the grid left me too to think that in the SE there was no lights.

OP several people gave you a good answer. Make sure control lights is checked under the play pull down menu.. Thus the cat5 cable is ok if the lights worked in the show builder.