Light-O-Rama Forums

I do singing faces for Halloween and Christmas sequences for free.

matt stuart

I did use it at 25 with papagayo mod. It is exactly what was happening to me too when I loaded it in the clipboard. I couldn't get it to line up either. And I double checked it and it is still showing 25 on my screen. Weird. It even plays fine in papagayo mod with the mouth movements. I will try to send it again.

I did use it at 25 with papagayo mod. It is exactly what was happening to me too when I loaded it in the clipboard. I couldn't get it to line up either. And I double checked it and it is still showing 25 on my screen. Weird. It even plays fine in papagayo mod with the mouth movements. I will try to send it again.

The only thing I can think of is Papagayo does weird things when you try sequence a song longer than 1 minute.  You have to cut your song in thirds and paste them together after exporting to LOR.  This could be what happened to this song to much information for the antiquated program to handle.

I wish I had better news.

Uploading Mr. Grinch (Jim Carey) right now. It's a large file so it's taking awhile. Sorry I uploaded the wrong file first. Matt you might want to delete that one. Thanks again for all your hard work.

No I have not seen either of these songs, I dont think I have time this year to get to those.

Do you have the light sequence done to them.

I dont have enough time to do the faces for everyone and then go back and do the light portions as well, so I usually give priority to those sequences that allready have the light sequence part done.

Matt

Sorry Tofer just finally got caught up in my emails, I am averaging 25 a day now from this forum alone.

i will run it tonight and see what I can do for you.  I would love to see this up and running for Halloween.

What Does The Fox Say.

I have not done the light sequences, I have only done 1 or 2 songs, so I can't guarantee they will look good... I could give it a shot.  Is there a specified number of channels I should program?  I only have 32 channels myself, and 2 faces potentially

File to big. I'll remove the pixel tree part and re upload it again soon.

Please put your sequences in a folder with your name on it when uploading so I may keep things organized.

Matt

My uploads should be limitless in size, I dont know why it would fail.

I have not done the light sequences, I have only done 1 or 2 songs, so I can't guarantee they will look good... I could give it a shot.  Is there a specified number of channels I should program?  I only have 32 channels myself, and 2 faces potentially

You dont have to make it for my setup, I can just copy and paste from what you have.

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Please put your sequences in a folder with your name on it when uploading so I may keep things organized.

Matt

My uploads should be limitless in size, I dont know why it would fail.

You dont have to make it for my setup, I can just copy and paste from what you have.

Thanks for the help.

Matt

Ok cool, well I'll take a stab at it, see how it works. I know your super busy, I don't expect you to finish it for Halloween, but at least I' ll get a jump on nest year

Matt

Have you done " all I want for Christmas is a hippopotamas " ? I  found one on the holiday coro site but it is not the full length. I have this song sequenced in my display and would like to have one of the trees singing it.

Thanks

Wayne

So if I finished up the music part for Dragula? where would I send it to you should you get time to work on it?  Like I said, I have only done 1 or 2 songs, so I am not sure if it will be to everyones standards.

I never made a singing face before, I looked online, found a few suggestions and I decided to go the peg board route.  I didn't find any patterns so I decided to make my own.  I drew out a 1/2 sheet of peg board in autocad, put the holes in, and then tried to fit the face in such that it fits.

Just curious what you people think.

1375735_10151886183706092_802063551_n.jp

I never made a singing face before, I looked online, found a few suggestions and I decided to go the peg board route.  I didn't find any patterns so I decided to make my own.  I drew out a 1/2 sheet of peg board in autocad, put the holes in, and then tried to fit the face in such that it fits.

Just curious what you people think.

1375735_10151886183706092_802063551_n.jp

Use choroplast its the stuff they make real estate signs with.  You can get this at Lowes and or at any printing place that sell real estate signs.  I was able to buy 4 4x8 sheets for under 100 bucks.  Not only is it waterproof but you are not pinned down to where you put the holes.  With peg board you will still have to drill the hole out to fit your bulb, plus the choro really holds the bulb in tight.  I have a problem with the amount of lights in each channel.  you have to get as close as you can to 25  50 or 100.  Any extra you can wrap up in the back and cover with a black plastic bag so it will not glow through the back and out the sides.  The one channel with 108 would mean 16 extra bulbs.

My outline was 200 but you don't have a outline, this I would recommend, it just makes it look so much better in the long run you could just hook that up to your eye lid that doesn't blink, if you have an issue with the amount of channels you are trying to use.

This would make your face a 7 channel face.  Mine is a 9 channel face I like to shut off the outline seperately in some cases and I have pink bows on mine that I turn on when I need a girl singer.

Hope this helps.

Check out some of my newer sequences in the link below and you will see in my animation my 9 channel faces.

Matt

So if I finished up the music part for Dragula? where would I send it to you should you get time to work on it?  Like I said, I have only done 1 or 2 songs, so I am not sure if it will be to everyones standards.

In my signature found below all my posts is a link to upload your .lms, Please put this in a folder first with your name as a title so I know who it came from, and your email in a text file just in case I have any questions.

Matt

Edited by matt stuart

In my signature found below all my posts is a link to upload your .lms, Please put this in a folder first with your name as a title so I know who it came from, and your email in a text file just in case I have any questions.

Matt

Ok I uploaded it, I hope, I might have done it twice, sorry if I did, it was giving me issues.

Use choroplast its the stuff they make real estate signs with.  You can get this at Lowes and or at any printing place that sell real estate signs.  I was able to buy 4 4x8 sheets for under 100 bucks.  Not only is it waterproof but you are not pinned down to where you put the holes.  With peg board you will still have to drill the hole out to fit your bulb, plus the choro really holds the bulb in tight.  I have a problem with the amount of lights in each channel.  you have to get as close as you can to 25  50 or 100.  Any extra you can wrap up in the back and cover with a black plastic bag so it will not glow through the back and out the sides.  The one channel with 108 would mean 16 extra bulbs.

My outline was 200 but you don't have a outline, this I would recommend, it just makes it look so much better in the long run you could just hook that up to your eye lid that doesn't blink, if you have an issue with the amount of channels you are trying to use.

This would make your face a 7 channel face.  Mine is a 9 channel face I like to shut off the outline seperately in some cases and I have pink bows on mine that I turn on when I need a girl singer.

Hope this helps.

Check out some of my newer sequences in the link below and you will see in my animation my 9 channel faces.

Matt

Oh ok cool, I will have to look for that stuff when I go to do my tomb stones.  I aleady got the wood for the faces.  As far as the wiring goes, I was just going to cut and splice in the bulbs I needed / didn't need.  I am not sure if this is cool or not, but I am confident in my soldering and electrical skills to make it waterproof.  I didn't put an outline because I liked the ones I saw without outlines.  I am not opposed to the outline, and once I light up this face, I might determine I need one.  I have 16 channels free to make faces, I hope to be able to make 2 more faces next year.  This is my first stab at a Halloween display, and only my second stab at a lighted display so I really do appreciate all the help and guidance.

If you are using incans you can not cut and paste at will.  Your lights will either dim or be brighter than they need be, and you will shorten the life of your bulbs to days or months before they burn out.  The strands are all three wire, one + one - and a chase wire for 50 bulbs and then there are two wires in the middle + and - then another 50 bulbs.  If you want 100 your good if you need 50 cut at the exact middle where the two wires are and add a plug.  If you want 25 you need to buy the 25 strand bulbs which are expensive and rare.

So what I did for my eyes I made 22 per side that way I strand 23 of my bulbs for upper eye lid on the left and then I wasted 6 bulbs to jump to the other eye lid and then 22 more bulbs in the right eye.  I did the same for the bottom eye lid.  Lips I kept as close as possible to 50 or 100 with out going over.

Matt.

If you are using incans you can not cut and paste at will.  Your lights will either dim or be brighter than they need be, and you will shorten the life of your bulbs to days or months before they burn out.  The strands are all three wire, one + one - and a chase wire for 50 bulbs and then there are two wires in the middle + and - then another 50 bulbs.  If you want 100 your good if you need 50 cut at the exact middle where the two wires are and add a plug.  If you want 25 you need to buy the 25 strand bulbs which are expensive and rare.

So what I did for my eyes I made 22 per side that way I strand 23 of my bulbs for upper eye lid on the left and then I wasted 6 bulbs to jump to the other eye lid and then 22 more bulbs in the right eye.  I did the same for the bottom eye lid.  Lips I kept as close as possible to 50 or 100 with out going over.

Matt.

Oh ok thanks, that makes sense. I will change up my numbers then, add and remove spots to match up with the light sets I have. Sorry for hi-jacking you post for something unrelated to the original topic, I just realized I had gone off course.