Light-O-Rama Forums

HUGE Fading Problem, Please Help

Wesley

Can the snubber expert let a newbie know if I made them right and can i place at the end of the strand. Just want to be safe and make sure it wont blow my controller. Pics in previous post. Thanks.

Can the snubber expert let a newbie know if I made them right and can i place at the end of the strand. Just want to be safe and make sure it wont blow my controller. Pics in previous post. Thanks.

Your good to go. Plug the snubber anywhere on the string connection, can even go to the ouput channel plug on each channel. Anywhere is is convienent

Standard outdoor plug from menards. I pulled the ground prong out and going to epoxy the ground plug opening & the the top opening. Will post some better pics later. Thanks for all the help guys!

Just throwing this out there.... Do you by chance have 3 phase power? Cause that caused me a fading problem similar to the original post. When you tested and they worked, is it the same outlet that you are using that they dont just using extension cords?

Found my problem tonight. It was my spotlight for my sign. I had it plugged in on the same cord as my 9-16 channels. It was going to the beat of the music when channels 13-16 would turn on. Thought it was weird because it is only 23 watts. Plus I only have 200 led on each of those channels. Well I unplugged it & all is well.

Found my problem tonight. It was my spotlight for my sign. I had it plugged in on the same cord as my 9-16 channels. It was going to the beat of the music when channels 13-16 would turn on. Thought it was weird because it is only 23 watts. Plus I only have 200 led on each of those channels. Well I unplugged it & all is well.

CFL spotlight, or LED spotlight? If CFL, they are frequently the source of many problems.

Here's the snubbers I made. Plugs came from Menards $1.99 each. Radio Shack didn't carry any 47k 1 watt 5% resistors so I got 2 packs of 100k 1/2 5% as suggested by rwertz and installed them in parallel.

It won't let me post my pics again. Will try from my PC later.

klb, your right. it was a CFL spotlight. Will a led spot the do same thing?

So far, I have not seen any reports of LED spotlights causing the same issues though eventually someone will design one that will cause problems.

florescent lights be it either in tube or CFL form are known for their ability to create large sums of noise. Stay clear of any florescent bulbs. Esp if they are on the same branch circuit as your display. Might get away with it if it is in a basement on a different circuit.