Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I program All Lights On after show?

sutley85

Having battled something related, I can answer that. Once the show shuts down, the lights will turn off. What you can do however is create a short animation sequence that is the only sequence in another show that starts when your main show completes. This is similar to what I do. Remember that I am only running LOR for landscape lighting. I have an evening "show" that has all the lights fading up and down in various ways. The evening show ends at 11:00 PM. An overnight show starts at 11:00 PM and runs until a time that is somewhere around sunrise (I have to change that every few weeks). The overnight show runs fewer of the lights and the ones running do so at a lower level.

In your case, create a short animation sequence that has whatever lights you want left on overnight in whatever state you want them in. Have that animation in an "overnight" show that starts after your main show ends and ends at whatever time you want the lights to turn off.

Is this the only way to have the Light all come back on after a show? Currently I have about a 6 minute show for a Tree, and we want to run the show about 3 to 4 times an hour, but between run times we would like all the lights to be on. Thanks

Another option:

Make a short sequence (say, a second long; it doesn't really matter) that does nothing but turn on all the lights that you want to be on. Put that sequence in the Shutdown portion of your show, as the last sequence in it. In the Shutdown section's tab (in the Show Editor), there's a checkbox that says something like "Turn used lights off at the end of each sequence". Uncheck that, and save the show.

Build animations with lights on to place wherever you want in your show. If you are just trying to place a 15 minute intermission with lights on or something like that, then just add a 15 minute animation sequence in your show before shutdown. That way after your last song plays, your lights stay on for an intermission before it replays your first song. Time it all out so shutdown happens after your final 15 minute intermission.

My show runs for 4 hours a night, but the actual show is only 15 minutes long. It loops until shutdown. I run a 3 minute intermission with some of my lights on, with voiceovers just using a audio sequence for the duration of the intermission. I calculate out exactly what time I need my shutdown to happen (so it doesn't cut a song off) and viola...lighted intermissions and a proper shutdown.

The key is, don't run your shutdown sequence until you actually want to shut it down.

Edited by drakison