Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR issue, not sure if it is the hardware or the software

Denise Brunner

Having two issues with my CCR's. I have 6 CCR's that are lighting the front of my lighting truss. They also do scrolling text. First question, all the sequencing is done on the SuperStar software. When all the CCR's are instructed to go white, two of the strips are more "pink" then the other four. The other four are bright white. Second question is in regard to the scrolling text. The CCR's are on their own network. When the text scrolls white letters, there is a colored "shadow" before the letter goes white. My guess is that the network is to slow for the 6 CCR's and need to break the 6 down to two 3 CCR networks. I really don't want to purchase the extra hardware if that is not the problem. Any ideas ????

Thanks,

Denise

Having two issues with my CCR's. I have 6 CCR's that are lighting the front of my lighting truss. They also do scrolling text. First question, all the sequencing is done on the SuperStar software. When all the CCR's are instructed to go white, two of the strips are more "pink" then the other four. The other four are bright white. Second question is in regard to the scrolling text. The CCR's are on their own network. When the text scrolls white letters, there is a colored "shadow" before the letter goes white. My guess is that the network is to slow for the 6 CCR's and need to break the 6 down to two 3 CCR networks. I really don't want to purchase the extra hardware if that is not the problem. Any ideas ????

Thanks,

Denise

Thanks Dennis,

What do you think about the color difference of the white????

Try changing around the power packs for the CCRs as you may have some power supplies giving a lower voltage. But this may be because the LEDs used in those 2 strips are from a different batch.

Thanks Eddie, it can't be the power supply since I have one large power supply (35 amp). It has to be the LED lot, guess there is nothing I can do

Night

Denise.

Edited by Denise Brunner

Are the 2 CCR strip an add on to the other 4?

Compare the actual color values between the 2 and 4 strips.

Did you use Superstar for part or all the CCR's?

Also,

do an individual test of each CCR (with power plug out of the CCR controller thats in question, push and hold the red button on the CCR controller, then plug power back in, look and see if each pixel is working)

I had the same issue and one of my red pixels was out

These are 6 individual strips, two strips were ordered last year and four were ordered in this years summer sale. The strips were checked, all pixels are working. The two that the white is more pink, were from last year.

Just a guess, check the firmware versions.

If that is OK then set the ID 's of a new and old CCR's to the same ID Number and put them on the network, then in the hardware utility control panel check if the colors are the same between them, especially white.

Please report back your findings.

Edited by Dennis Cherry

We recommend 900 channels/LOR Network. You can get away with more or less depending on how demanding your sequences are. You should be OK, but you may want to test it first.

I don't think its a network thing.

Edited by LORAdmin
Quote from another thread.

Its not a newort thing. At first I was told 6 CCR's to a network, then I was told no more than 3 CCr's to a network. Well I put a third network on and its still the same thing, white has a rainbow around it

Found out that the Halo is a situation within LOR.

According to Brian " lightorama hardware can send a "full on" command faster than it can send a command that tells the light to be somewhere between full off and full on. To get yellow and other colors on the computer screen to be as true as possible on the actual CCRs, SuperStar "rebalances" the colors. If it didn't then yellow on the CCRs would be more of a greenish yellow and all the other colors would be off also.

If you do "full on" for red, green, and blue, you don't get a true white, you get a bluish white which some people describe as a cool white. So SuperStar reduces the green and blue to get more of a true white.

But the downside of this, is that the white text you are doing has the green and the blue at less than "full on" so the commands take longer.

Sooooo, the solution is to click on the "Tools" menu and select "Configuration" and at the top there is a "Full Range" setting for the colors. Select "Full Range" and then you will see that the green color control will go from 0 to 120, and blue will go from 0 to 130. Go to your white text, select it, set green to 120, and blue to 130 and click on the Modify button.

There may still be some halo, but most of the halo on your white text will go away.

The other solution is to use red text, then there are 1/3 as many commands being sent as compared to white text and the text will scroll more smoothly."

Understand the problem now and the somewhat work around. Have not tired it yet though

Denise

Denise, Reference CCR's on a network. I'm running 6 CCR's per network without any problems on my CCR tree.

I'm running 4 network this year

2 for the 12 ribbon CCR strings

1 for the 4 CCB's (room for more CCx's here)

1 for the 21 LOR (16-chan) controllers

Denise, Reference CCR's on a network. I'm running 6 CCR's per network without any problems on my CCR tree.

I'm running 4 network this year

2 for the 12 ribbon CCR strings

1 for the 4 CCB's (room for more CCx's here)

1 for the 21 LOR (16-chan) controllers

Yeah, Running 6 on a single network should be fine. I run 14 CCR's on 2 networks with no problems at all...7 CCR's per network.

I am running 12 CCR's and 300 Lor channel. I am using 3 networks (2 for CCR''s). I was told by Brian it was fine. 6 per network. I was havinf same problem with Halo. I also read that in the Suoer star secton of the forumn about balancing. Haven't tired it yet. Scrolling words is also a proble. My bottom 6 seem to be behind 1 pixel while scrolling. I am using 2 USB485-ISO for the ccr's. Brian also said he has come across this problem and said the networks don't always keep up with each other. SO he dosn't do alot of scrolling text.

• The topic was locked