Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Pictures

Guest guest

Ok just got back on so will answer questions that have been asked.

The cords are three ways and they have grounding wires though you do not need them on plastic boxes..

The boxes are the famous RiteTime Boxes.

I used small bolts for standoffs on the back side of the LOR cards.

One other thing. You see colored electrical tape on my cords. What I do is put tape around each of my cords to represent a number. For instance #1 is white. When I go through the first 8 then #9 has two white pieces of tape and it goes through the rest till #16.

Inside each box is the box ID number as I paint my boxes black so they do not show. I also write down the color code inside each box. When I bring an extension cord to plug it into LOR I put a piece of color tape on it for that channel. Then at end of year just take off that piece of tape.

When I am programming I do the same thing. I label what each item is like mega tree1.01 and it is white. When I get to channel 1.16 I can not use double white so I just use a light grey. This just seemed easy for me to see what was what and to associate a color to it. I know others write on the cords or put on tags but I just thought this worked for me.

Hey Tall Guy,

You are the closest PC Member that I have ever had in over 7 years. I am here in glencoe, right outside of gadsden.

To answer your question, I believe they are using the ones that dan sells on his site.

Actually, bought a bunch of them at WalMart last year. I mean boxes for $0.94 each. They are heavy duty for sure. A lot of people purchased them here.

Now here is the down side. Some of them are so darn loose that you have to tape the male plugs on them. Really stinks. When I build my next boards I am going to use plain old extension cords that can handle about 10amps. You will never use that on any single channel. Then I will use the black cords I have left over for the power feeds.

Hey will get that video out to you soon. It is setting right behind me. :laughing:

No I am not throwing the other end away. I keep them in a box just in case I need them for something. Make sure I cut off enough to be able to use later.

Hi Logan!!! How are yall?? If I had known that you where that close, would have came to see your display years ago. O.K...........I know what everyone is thinking. Another goofy new guy in here. Great....just what we needed. O.K...Im new and stupid, so everyone try to put up with my silly questions over the next few months. Ive allready driven some poor guy named Steven Singleton completely mad. I think he wants to put me over his knee..... for a really bad spanking. :shock: Robin, just got back from wally-world (thats walmart in alabama) Which ones??? All I can find are the brown so called "indoor" (yeah right) cords, with three plugs on the female end. 9 or 15 feet in length. Are these the ones you are using?? Have been on planetchritmas for several years now, but never registered. Am planning on using LOR next Chritmas, so figure I better get a early start on info. Thanks everyone!! Chris Jetton

Its all outside, actually, because I became lazy and just wanted to run it, I just layed it under my mega tree on the ground with a brick under one end so if condensation got in it wouldn't land on the board it would run down the sides and out the weeping holes. I did put a bag over it so no water could go in it, and it has drainage holes.

Zac

LOL, you are hilarious Chris:laughing::laughing::laughing: You are def not driving me mad, I have 3 kids and a wife to do that for me. lol Hope I can help you have a awesome display for next year.