Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Pictures

Guest guest

Robin,

Your second picture show your boards with 3 way plugs on the ends, did they come that way or did you do that yoursef. They look like the showtime package so just wondering. I like that idea.

Roman

Here's a sample photo of some of my boards (rest are on the other side of the house. I'll be posting dozens of photos of my setup on my website in a few days once our display is safely packed away for the season... 11, 16-port boards are shown in this picture.

Jeff
trykoskilorinstall-2005.jpg

Actually, it's a piece of cake to maintain. Everything is numbered (boards, circuits, extension cords) and gets fed into a big spreadsheet so you can troubleshoot down to the strand level. I'll take some better photos tioday.

Pics of my setup are at:

www.plymouthlights.com/lor.htm

My 'better' ones are near the bottom of the page, the older ones are in 'Tupperware' type containers. Look silly but have worked fine for 3 seasons now.

I'm a BIG believer in putting the boards as near to the lights as practical. I'd go absolutely loony if I had to maintain a setup like Jeff T's. Just looking at that much wire makes my head hurt. Yeah there are some disadvantages (more likely to get vandalized perhaps) but it sure is nice to have most of my mini trees plugging right into the LOR box without ANY extension cords... If you're really worried about security use a decent metal enclosure and padlock them to something immobile...

-Tim

Bryce wrote:

16 Channel with grounding bar.

I like the grounding bar. Ok thou Bryce, Robin and Jeff T., you all appear to be using the same enclosures. What are they and were did you get them?