Light-O-Rama Forums

Worked fine last night, No communication this morning.

EvilM0nkey

I'm finishing up some last minute sequencing. I decided to shut my computer down last night when I was done. I had just finished running through my preliminary show. Started up this morning to tweak some things in the sequence editor and nothing happened when I played the sequence. This has happened before and I can usually switch over to the hardware utility and get the lights to come up with the console then everything works fine.

No such luck this time.

The hardware utility can't find the controller anymore and I got the blinky green light. I've re-set all of the connections with no change.

I can't figure out what happened...

If using DMX Is the Control Panel ON?

You can set it to startup when turning on the computer.

Right Click the little light bulb and make sure you have a check mark by tht option.

Did you check that "Contol Lights" is checked in the Sequence Editor?

Edited by Dennis Cherry

No I don't. I also tried it on my laptop and get the same result. COM3 is listed, but nothing attached to it. For the sake of trying I'm going to delete and re-install the drivers.

You say, "COM3 is listed but nothing is attached to it."

What do you mean? If COM3 is there, then something is attached to it (COM3). When you add/remove the USB device, you will see something there show up/go away.

The controller is sitting here in the room beside me. If a rabbit got in here I have bigger issues than this!

Yes the COM port will go away if I unplug the cable. It seems like I'm getting communication into the Dongle but not out of it?

I should have been more clear that I have had a similar issue for a long time but I can usually clear it up if I go into the Hardware utility and turn the lights on with the console.

Starting to wonder what's gong on over at support... It's been two days now with no communication about getting a replacement. Thankfully a local person on the TLT forum has an extra.

Survey says. Bad USB485!

Got the new one finally and everything is working again. I'll have an extra in case that happens again in the future.