Light-O-Rama Forums

The set Up Begins

Guest Don Gillespie

I wonder, do you have a mega tree? If so when do you usually put it up?

put my mega tree up last weekend. lights went on monday. And 500' of extension cord went on yesterday. today just have to attach controller.

I can't remember being this tired last season after a long day setting up,,,,,,,,man today I'm beat :huh:

I can't remember being this tired last season after a long day setting up,,,,,,,,man today I'm beat :huh:

Same here. I won't speak for you, but I'm attributing it to getting old. :(

Tired here too and this is my first year. Been working on it for the past 5 days and beat already. Tomorrow, its up onto the roof time. So far, my single channel testing has gone well and no failures but truly I won't know till its all connected.

Well mine is officially up. Now I have to test each circuit to insure its all working. Hoping to do that this evening. Maybe I'll run one sequence and see how it looks. Don't wish to spoil things for the neighbors. Still two weeks till light-up.

Guest Don Gillespie

Ran into a little glitch a small blizzard is hitting us expecting about a foot of snow at least that's what the forecasters say but you know how they are I have been out twice in the last hour to shovel I am giving up they the snow should quit by Sat.

My little glitch was last night when I ran my first test. Found the arches were not behaving as I had programmed them too. Today I discovered that I had a "duh" attack when I mounted the controllers and got three of the six, physically mounted in the wrong locations therefore connected to the wrong light strings. Rather than change their locations, I changed the addresses and all is well again pending another test tonight once its dark enough to see.

Guest Don Gillespie

My little glitch was last night when I ran my first test. Found the arches were not behaving as I had programmed them too. Today I discovered that I had a "duh" attack when I mounted the controllers and got three of the six, physically mounted in the wrong locations therefore connected to the wrong light strings. Rather than change their locations, I changed the addresses and all is well again pending another test tonight once its dark enough to see.

LOL I can see that happening to anyone

Ran into a little glitch a small blizzard is hitting us expecting about a foot of snow at least that's what the forecasters say but you know how they are I have been out twice in the last hour to shovel I am giving up they the snow should quit by Sat.

that sucks,,,,it was close to 70 here in Ky today,,I was putting up the dipslay in shorts and a t-shirt Edited by james campbell