Light-O-Rama Forums

Filler Animation Sequence

nmiller0113

I've been going through the documentation and maybe I missed it somewhere. I see that the mp3 director offers a way to do an filler and offers and animation sequence as an option. Can you do this with the latest version of the Advanced S3 software if you're running the show from a computer? My goal is to have a different sequence run every 15 minutes with a filler of basic, almost static, animation with music and voiceover in between. The shows every 15 minutes will end in a fade and then fade into the filler, then at 15 minutes the filler will fade and the next animation show sequence will start...well, this is my goal :)

Any insight or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

For the record...I've searched and searched everywhere but can't seem to find anyone who has done exactly this. I'm wondering if it can even be done. :(

There's got to be one person...I can't imagine this is a unique idea :)

You could create a show (using the Show Editor) that has the sequences you wish to use in the display. Recall that animation sequences can go in the musical tab. Once you have the elements in the Musical tab that you wish to use, save the show.

So you might have the following in your musical tab.

Animation01.las

Musical01.lms

Animation02.las

Voiceover.lms

Animation03.las

Once you do that you'd need only to schedule that show to run every 15 minutes. That will force it to start over at the beginning of the show every 15 minutes.

Remember that the software will finish playing a musical sequence, at the end of a show, but will stop an animation sequence right regardless of where it is at. So if the end of your 15 minutes finds you in a musical sequence, the song will finish playing before the show starts again.

Im a newbie as well but heres what ive done..created a short animation sequence then just did a save as... as many as you need :example- 3min filler1.las ...3min filler2.las then add them between songs in the simple show builder. im doing tens songs with a three minute rolling lights between with different soft xmas music playing and letting the show loop between 6 and10pm ..im testing this weekend so ill let you know how it works

im the first to admit im only guessing here...

YEP IM A NEWBIE..HAHAHA once you add a media file its no longer an animation sequnce...UUUGGGHHHH

Edited by PeKu

• 2 weeks later...

Im a newbie as well but heres what ive done..created a short animation sequence then just did a save as... as many as you need :example- 3min filler1.las ...3min filler2.las then add them between songs in the simple show builder. im doing tens songs with a three minute rolling lights between with different soft xmas music playing and letting the show loop between 6 and10pm ..im testing this weekend so ill let you know how it works

im the first to admit im only guessing here...

YEP IM A NEWBIE..HAHAHA once you add a media file its no longer an animation sequnce...UUUGGGHHHH

I have a question of how can I play misc. music while the animation is running between shows?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help everyone! Looks like I'm going to go with a bunch of musical sequences in a single show which will include my actual shows as well as my fillers. I'm making a bunch of custom filler sequences, each with four christmas songs and my display static. This way I can create the fade out and fade in effect in between the filler and the shows. Thanks again!