Light-O-Rama Forums

The best layout for a single 16 Channel Light-O-Rama Controller r

Arteom

It's not terrible, better than the displays I've seen, I guess I commented too soon until I really seen a few nice(er) displays. Maybe this year the house with the lights last year will do their display again, I'll get a video and post it... Its not nearly as good as any of these displays, even you, columbus 27, that display has nothing on this... :D

Maybe I'll go over there and offer them some free sequences, or show them that they can buy some & how to install them... ;)

That is why we all have two ears and only one mouth, so you can listen more than you talk.

• Like 2

I'll get a video and post it... Its not nearly as good as any of these displays, even you, columbus 27, that display has nothing on this... :D

Maybe I'll go over there and offer them some free sequences, or show them that they can buy some & how to install them... ;)

I would quit worrying about other people's display and worry about your own. ;)

• Like 6

Well first of all I don't think most 16 channel displays are ugly. Lots of people put a lot of time and thought into putting on their shows, and it is a little presumptuous of you to say this until you actually have your own show out there. I can tell you this, I would never criticize anybody else's display including yours. Most people starting out can only afford 16 or 32 channels. And there certainly is a learning curve to sequencing and it takes a lot of time and practice. I never try to compare my display to anyone else's. I simply want to encourage and congratulate anyone who puts effort into this form of entertainment.

Very well said......!

This is my first year too. I don't have many props so I just stuck with what I know.

My Channel layout:

1. 1st floor icicle lights (pure white and bright blue LED)

2. 2nd floor icicle (pure white and bright blue LED)

3. 1st floor Multicolor icicle (BRIGHT LEDs)

4. Garage icicle (pure white and bright blue LED)

5. Garage roof outline (Multicolor LED)

6. House roof outline (Multicolor LED)

7. L bushes White (BRIGHT LED)

8. L Bushes color (multicolor LED)

9. R Bushes White (BRIGHT LED)

10. R bushes Color (Multicolor LED)

11. House window ornaments (4 Incandescent plastic window hanging ornaments)

12. Garage window ornaments (2 Incandescent plastic window hanging ornaments)

13. Front porch (multicolor? LED)

14. Mini tree 1

15. Mini tree 2

16. Mini tree 3

I watched a bunch of videos to figure out what I like and I don't like. Not saying it was bad for their displays, I just don't care for it myself. Lights are going up in 2 weeks and I will have a static display on the other side of the yard away from the main display.

This is my first year too. I don't have many props so I just stuck with what I know.

My Channel layout:

1. 1st floor icicle lights (pure white and bright blue LED)

2. 2nd floor icicle (pure white and bright blue LED)

3. 1st floor Multicolor icicle (BRIGHT LEDs)

4. Garage icicle (pure white and bright blue LED)

5. Garage roof outline (Multicolor LED)

6. House roof outline (Multicolor LED)

7. L bushes White (BRIGHT LED)

8. L Bushes color (multicolor LED)

9. R Bushes White (BRIGHT LED)

10. R bushes Color (Multicolor LED)

11. House window ornaments (4 Incandescent plastic window hanging ornaments)

12. Garage window ornaments (2 Incandescent plastic window hanging ornaments)

13. Front porch (multicolor? LED)

14. Mini tree 1

15. Mini tree 2

16. Mini tree 3

I watched a bunch of videos to figure out what I like and I don't like. Not saying it was bad for their displays, I just don't care for it myself. Lights are going up in 2 weeks and I will have a static display on the other side of the yard away from the main display.

Sounds like your making great use and all around coverage of your house with those 16 channels. Great planning!!!

Sounds like your making great use and all around coverage of your house with those 16 channels. Great planning!!!

Thanks!

Lights are actually going up now. My hardware is down for some reason (have a support ticket in and a thread up in the hardware forum (please help!)), so while I can't fine tune my sequences I might as well get the lights up!

• Like 1

Funny thing happened today, I was walking around our neighborhood and I passed the house I was talking about... someone was outside taking down the halloween decor, and I asked if they are going to do a Christmas display this year... The woman outside said, "I don't know let me ask my son, he's inside" she went inside and out came Jacop (we nicknamed him popo), one of my best friends from the fourth grade!

After we caught up he told me about his LOR, he said that he did not feel like sequencing the songs, he got really bored of it, and said it was too difficult. I told him you can use shortcuts using the keyboard, and set intensities ect ect... He was surprised. I then offered to show him the shortcuts, beat wizard, and where to get free sequences, everything I know, it's not much, but I knew it would help him... He then told me the sorry knews.

"Oh I did not see the need to set up my light's, its way too boring, so I'm not doing it this year. I sold my controller a while back..." conversation continued ".. I really want a iPhone, and I'm kinda broke, thats the main reason I sold it"

This sucks, I thought I would have a LOR buddy... At least I found out my friend did not move too far ;)

I guess I missed something, one of your "best friends" and you didn't know he lived that close to you and had LOR??

He did say best friend from the Fourth Grade, so I'm going to guess he hasn't seen him in a number of years.

I was trying to work out our set of lights last night, where to put what and have come up with the following - this is my first year also, I plan to use three pre-sequenced sets, and then two sequences done by me!

1. Study Window

2. Sister Window

3. Parent Window

4. Sitting Room Window

5. Sitting Room Window

6. Icicle on roof / conservatory roof

7. Angel Main Wall (7 ft)

8. Rope Light Patio/Decking

9. 3 Cones

10. 3 Cones

11. Bush net curtain

12. 2 x Rope trees

13. Rope light sleigh & 4 reindeer

14. Grazing reindeer

15. Undecided

Most of our lights are clear/warm colours. In the rope light side of things, we don't have RGB etc - leave the colour to the blow molds, so I appreciate it may seem a little 'boring' by some standards, but fingers crossed we can make something work with it all - I can't wait to get the equipment out and start work on it all. HS delayed our controller arriving but it should be due in next week :)

I guess I missed something, one of your "best friends" and you didn't know he lived that close to you and had LOR??

Yeah! Well, Last time I seen him was in late 2004, He said they were moving around 50 miles away... He mentioned in 2009 he moved back into the neighborhood because his dad found a local Job, he said he even forgot I lived here, :P

He lives around 1.5 miles away...