Light-O-Rama Forums

Show has glitches

friskybri

On some parts of songs I have glitches that make the show hold up for about a second but the music keeps going. Its like the the channels get confused. I have it set on normal operation in the network. I have 8 16 channel pc controllers running off the standard network but every time it hits the same part in monster mash the mouth freezes in two parts. I may be using 100 channels. I cant figure out why. When I look at the code the mouth movements look fine. I noticed it this summer at the 4th of July party in the video but thought it was just the camera. The Second network is 8 ccr's under aux a. The machine is windows 7 16gb ram 3.5gh quad core with 2gb video ram. So the pc is not the issue. Same one as last years show. I wouldn't think that I would need to up the speed on the networks would I?

I will try not using the compressed sequences to see if that works.

Edited by friskybri

I have seen in other forum discussions that a 'glitch' would sometimes occur during rapid CCR commands.

This was causing a problem on Wireless links due to the high data rate. Just a thought...

Don't have any wireless networks and all the ccr's are on network aux a and the regular controllers are on LOR network. The compressed theory didn't work same glitch. the ccr movements are not that bad during that part. Wouldn't think that the ccrs would affect another network. I could be wrong but this sounds like a bigger issue if we are headed to higher channel counts.

Increasing the network speed didn't help. I shut down the show even closed out the control panel, restarted the show and same glitches.

The Second network is 8 ccr's under aux a.

I think this might be your problem. That's a lot of channels for one network.

I think this might be your problem. That's a lot of channels for one network.

So I took network aux a offline and it worked. That is crazy that one network would mess with another. SO the quesiton should be do I move 3 to the LOR network to even out the channels. That is crazy that one network messes up another network.

Edited by friskybri

So I split them up into network aux-a about 600 channels and the LOR network has about 700 channels. Still the same glitch in the same part. Very frustrating.

My initial test on my CCPs went like this, Setup: CCP #1 on LOR Network, CCP #s 2, 3 and 4 on Aux A. Unit #1 lagged behind a bit from the Aux A network with the exact commands.

I have since switched to Aux A, CCP #s 1 and 2 and Aux B CCP #s 3 and 4. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to test the new set-up. I will be testing this weekend and I'll post results.

All that being said, you might want to split the CCRs into 2 seperate networks, 4 on each, and then the regular controllers on the LOR Regular Network.

Although, I have read that some folks setup their networks like yours and they work. Brian Bruderer comes to mind. I think he has his setup your way.

Just a thought,

Ron

Maybe someone can explain how a second network would mess with the first network. I deleted the ccr network and the pumpin talked just fine. Its only in the one song this happens. It seams like the rest of the songs are fine. Very crazy. I did order 2 more dongles maybe spitting them up even further will work. I will keep trying different things.

After working on this all day I have found out that the software cant handle Fast commands even over two networks or three. If the CCR's on 8 have so many commands over say half a seconds LOR has a cow and freezes. I changed the part where it freezes and it works fine. Moving the controllers from one to another network didn't help. Just a thought to the LOR developers as the channel counts get higher I would think the gateway from the software needs to be addressed. As my friend George pointed out on another forum.