Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar Sequencer is the way to go!

Jeff F

Just a little feed back to all of those considering using SuperStar to program their

CCR’s , CCB’s and incandescent lights and haven’t done so yet.

After working with Brian the past few weeks, SuperStar is the way to go.

I received my CCB’s last week. Outlined the house with them over the

weekend, (600 CCB bulbs) added them to the Visualization program and

than imported that into the SuperStar program. I did a few samples, from the

clipboard and my own design. It was amazing the outcome with the lights

in action. Once you grasp the concept, you will have fun. Brian’ support

of SuperStar has been great over the past few years that I have been using

his program and now being part of LOR makes it even better.

As with any program, there are a few bugs, but unlike other companies,

Brian is quick to fix them and give a work around until the next releases.

Thanks Brian and LOR!

I'm normally not one to jump on the bandwagon, but, I bought a copy of SuperStar this year and and I'm really impressed with it. Anyone who's unsure, shouldn't be. It works great and it generates really cool effects.

I REALLY have to sit and read the manual on this.. I played with it a little bit from things that I read here in the forum (like importing the visualizer and using instant sequence)...

But alas.. just like the Jitterbug .. it plumb evades me ... :lol:

I was really hesistant using it too until I went to the Jump start class in Philly. Chuck really taught us alot and we all had a great time. I'm no expert on Superstar but I just finished my first song (Christmas Eve Sarajevo) and had a good time getting really cool effects. The morphs came out real good!

Yep, I've been using the program since about Feburary. It took a little time to get the hang of it, but I finally did. Once I had the "Aha" moment, I've used it to create my sequences for the 8 string Superstar tree and my Rainbow Pixels, which are DMX. I love the program. The only reason not to buy the add-on, would be because the $$$ are not available to purchase it.

If you're sequencing lots of pixels, to me, it's the only way to go.

Thanks Brian and LOR.

so does the superstar work with all Sequence and lights? I have thousands of LED lights and a lot of song but want to add more songs and light and thought this would make the programming earier.

so does the superstar work with all Sequence and lights? I have thousands of LED lights and a lot of song but want to add more songs and light and thought this would make the programming earier.

Superstar can work with regular LED lights. However, you would first need to draw your display out in the LOR Visualizer, and then import that into the Superstar Sequence Editor. If you haven't already done so, take a look at these video tutorials. They will get you going in the right direction.

Ok Sorry if this is the wrong place or a redundant question.....Is Superstar worth owning if you don't have CCRs or pixels (just regular controllers)? And how do the versions translate? For example the basic version is for 2 CCRs how does that relate to regular controllers?? I only have 2 controllers (32ch), I do have a lot of DMX though. I'll probably start messing with Pixels next year. I want to know what SS can do for me now besides auto-sequencing....

i had a question along the same lines, i don't have any ccrs but have many many many pixels. If i import them from visualizer into superstar, do i need the top license to program my 4,000 channels worth of pixels or does that channel limit only apply to ccrs. Or am i over the limit of channels superstar can export?

I dont have any ccrs or pixels i use the program to get my base and rythim for my regular sequences then export them in to regular sequence it does a great job

ok how does the purchase translate? If I'm not using CCRs can I buy the base product? How many standard channels / controllers does that correspond to? I have the advanced version of the regular LOR software.

Well, nothing stops you from buying the product. If you get the 2 CCR license, you will be able to export 300 channels. See the chart below - it shows what each license level will let you export.

2_CCR - 2 CCRs or 300 Channels

4_CCR - 4 CCRs or 600 Channels

8_CCR - 8 CCRs or 1200 Channels

24_CCR - 24 CCRs or 3600 Channels

so is there a way to use superstar if i have one element that contains 1,440 pixels or 4,320 channels?

Awesome thanks, that's the answer I was looking for! (and I know nothing stops me from buying the product...lol)

It was a continuation of my previous post where I explained how many controllers I have!

so is there a way to use superstar if i have one element that contains 1,440 pixels or 4,320 channels?

Given that the maximum export ability of the Superstar Sequence Editor is 24CCR or 3000 channels, I don't think it would be easy, or maybe even possible.

I guess the best thing to do if you're on the fence is to try it out in demo mode...import your visualizations and see if you like what it does.

I think I answered my own question on whether it's worth purchasing if you don't have ccrs or pixels (I think I'll wait).....

I have 7 50 pixel strips / strings of RGB lights. I want to draw these in visualizer. The only way I see is to make them a CCR, but then I can't choose a DMX E1.31 network.

Any help would be great.

Thanks, Lee

Hey Lee, were you ever able to get it to work? I spent a considerable amount of time over the weekend building my visualizations, and could easily create a simple 50 pixel prop for you to utilize. You would just have to rename the fixtures and map your channels.

As for the OP, I'll give my two thumbs up as well. I had no intention of buying Superstar a couple weeks ago. Then, I saw a video in which the creator said that some of the effects I liked were instant sequenced in SS. Back and forth for a few days and on the fence about buying it. Well, I fell off the fence and I'm glad I did! Once I got passed the learning curve, this software is amazing! Literally minutes to sequence what normally takes hours, with much more flexibility to create amazing effects~