Light-O-Rama Forums

Grid shifted

zman

OK, so this is a long standing question I have wanted to ask, and should have many years ago. Somewhere over those years, something happened where in parts of sequence movements have shifted to the grid or vice versa.

So in the picture, the "on" commands are not centered in the grid. When these sequences were first done, they were perfectly within the grid cells. It is not consistent, and very random, but I can say that I have numerous sequences where this has happened.

I always figured that the timings were so minute that it does not make a huge difference.

I was just wondering if any one else has seen this or know what caused it. Maybe it was an upgrade from one version to another? I figured I would toss it out for comment. Thanks.

post-58-0-62916800-1350972329_thumb.jpg

I had this happen to me when I first created my timing using the Beat Wizard and then changed it later to a fixed grid. I also figured that the timing was negligible and would not be noticed. I have noticed when I change the sequence it snaps to the new grid.

Guest Don Gillespie

Still happens to me don't know how to fix it don't care seems to look really good when I go live. might be the beat wizard

Edited by Don Gillespie

Thanks guys, I was wondering if anyone was going to comment. The sequences I have most likely did not have Beat Wizard grids in them. With how random it happens, it would be really hard to track down.

If I had to take a wild guess, just by looking at the picture, I'm thinking either a paste by time, or squeeze to fit would be the issue.

Of course if you are always using fixed grids all of the time, then it would be a little harder for the events to shift like that, but I can see how it would happen.

Guest Don Gillespie

If I had to take a wild guess, just by looking at the picture, I'm thinking either a paste by time, or squeeze to fit would be the issue.

Of course if you are always using fixed grids all of the time, then it would be a little harder for the events to shift like that, but I can see how it would happen.

Don wouldn't the beat wizard insert the proper timings? that's all I use is the beat wizard and it seems to be out by just a hair, not enough to worry about though.

Don wouldn't the beat wizard insert the proper timings? that's all I use is the beat wizard and it seems to be out by just a hair, not enough to worry about though.

Keep in mind I have no knowledge of how the beat wizard was programmed into the LOR Software. That said, I suspect (only suspect) that LOR is using some commonly available DLL, or other (whatever the technical name is for buying code, etc) for the beat wizard.

That said, I think the beat wizard is pretty good. Darn good, actually. I agree with you though, there are times it is off by just a bit. There are times though when I realize the wizard being "off" isn't really the wizards fault. If you get a song where some of the lyrics start on the up beat of the note prior then the wizard is going to seem off by a bit, when in reality it's not.