Light-O-Rama Forums

Simple Schedule Question

rstieb

I've got a show for Halloween currently running continuously. What I'd like to do is have the show run ONCE every half hour, I've set it up like this in the scheduler, but it runs multiple times within the half hour.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Russel

Did you schedule the end time of your show to align with how long the show takes to complete? The show will play all the sequences in your animation and/or musical tab until it reaches your end time (over and over again), once it reaches your specified end time it enters "shutdown." It finishes up whatever sequence is currently playing and then plays the sequences in your shutdown tab (if any). Does that make sense?

Edited by RayDorman

Keep in mind that at the scheduled end of a show (say 9:30pm) the software will continue to play any musical sequence that might be running. However, an animation sequence will end instantly.

Thus, you could schedule your shows every 30 minutes. (6:00-6:30, 6:30-7:00, etc) In the show you would have your musical sequences in the musical tab, but at the end you would be an animation sequence. (Animation sequences can go in the musical tab.) Thus if you were to make that animation sequence 30minutes long, when the end of your show is reached, the software will instantly stop the animation sequence, and start the next show. (As noted above, anything in the shutdown tab would play first.)