Light-O-Rama Forums

Controler Unit ID

Ted W

I have 5 controller from last year, and am operating from a new computer this year with LOR 2.9.4 software. When I hit refresh to find the units, I find all but unit 2. I have tried resettingt the unit ID back to 2, but it cannot find it. The troubling part is that in the console I can operate the lights to each channel. What am is missing?

Thanks for the help.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• james campbell

• Ted W

• GaryM

• TJ Hvasta

when you try to reset the unit id is it seperate from all the other controllers? in the hu you can only have one controll hooked up while setting unit id

Btw, when I try to set the ID, I get a diologue box that states unable to find the unit, check connections and power

when you try to reset the unit id is it seperate from all the other controllers? in the hu you can only have one controll hooked up while setting unit id

Yes, I boght 2 more controllers and were able to set their ID's to number 6 and 7 without any problems

are try the other cat 5 port,also are you getting a blinking led does it ever go solid

Yes. Without the Cat5 cable it is blinking, when I plug it into the center connector, it stops blinking.

Yes. Without the Cat5 cable it is blinking, when I plug it into the center connector, it stops blinking.

I can have it connected with box 3, and I can find box 3, so it seems like th signal is flowing through box 2 to get to 3, if that helps

it is reading the controller,are you familer with a controller reset? maybe if you reset the controller it will work itself out. it will reset the unit id to one,

it is reading the controller,are you familer with a controller reset? maybe if you reset the controller it will work itself out. it will reset the unit id to one,

Not familiar with this, have not reset. I tried to set to all, then back to 2, did not work. How do you reset the controller?

what controller is it pc also does it have a green led or red

This was built from a kit, hs the 32 channel green board and red LED

I have connected directly to the PC, and if I go into the console, and it to number 2, I can make it work for all the channels

stupid question,is it a lor board,did'nt know they had a 32 channel controller.

Stupid reply on my part, it is LOR, 16 channel board, my mistake, good catch. Thanks

here is the link to your manual,follow the procedure for resetting buttonD5.gif

Thanks, I will give it a try. I sure appreciate all the spent with me. Been a great help. Have a great evening in Kentucky. Hope your weather stays nice

I have connected directly to the PC, and if I go into the console, and it to number 2, I can make it work for all the channels

This suggests your controller is working. Reset can't hurt, but I don't think thats your issue.

Recommend you verify each controllers ID, and ensure you have good cat-5 cables...do it one at a time via the HU. That eliminates the potential for confusion, and errors setting unit IDs with multiple controllers connected.

What's your level of software license?

I checked his profile and it says standard,so thats good

Thanks for the help. I am still having the issue. I have 7 controllers are hooked together and working. The hardware utility can find 6 of 7, missing unit 2. When I go into the console, I can select unit 2, and have validated every channel works. Based on this, I know the stuff is working, just not showing up as being recognized. I tried several times to change the ID, change it to all, then back to 2, tried a reset, but could not really find anything in the book that was different than what I had done earlier.

All my Cat 5 and power is good, seems to work with all the other stuff, just not on the list, not sure if it matters, just do not want to find out at the minute, showtime, there is a issue.

Thanks for all the help