Light-O-Rama Forums

Dumb RGB Trouble

T. Bennett

didnt know there was a facility to program RGB strips in sequence editor???

i am still setting my RGB strips up as 3Xlight strings as 3 different colours in the viz :/

and programming the strips using the fade up and fade up tool on sequence editor for each individual colours.

can some one explain this software facility to me. =D

ALSO T. Bennett, i have 65meters of RGB dumb strips

5X mini trees with a total of 50meters of RGB and 15M around the front eve of my house.

word from the experienced, this may be my first year with lor but i have been installing led light strips in businesses for the past 4 years, allways feed the strip from both ends!

DC will drop off a lot faster than ac so to avoid lights fading at the rear end of the string and or possibly damaging the SMD's on the strip allways feed the strip from both ends :)

i run 6 dc boards with a total of 96 channels of dc so if you would like any hints, help full advice dont hesitate to message me i would be more than happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

What is the difference between red and blue?

Red means it is not connected to/cannot find the LOR dongle.

Blue means the dongle is there, and it's ready to communicate to it.

Evidently there's also an "orange" which means there is no LOR dongle in the network config, but the software is ready to communicate with DMX/E1.31

Red also means you've got the Seq Editor open but the Control Panel/Show Scheduler/Player is enabled.. (as in a show is scheduled/running), open the Seq Editor and the square is red, meaning the Editor wont be able to run any lights at that moment.. unload the Scheduler, the square turns blue..