Light-O-Rama Forums

No Communication.. Need some help please!

Guest guest

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

the 16 PC.. I think I may have got it because its finally working in the sequence editor and it wasn't before..

Excellent.

You're getting there. have you tried a show yet?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Santas Helper wrote:

Jeremy Lawton wrote:
the 16 PC.. I think I may have got it because its finally working in the sequence editor and it wasn't before..

Excellent.

You're getting there. have you tried a show yet?

Actually that was a stupid question. If you get your lights to dance to the sequence editor, then all you have to do is program/schedule a show and you're up and running my friend.

Tom

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

Actually, I am now!.. I need to go get more LIGHTS though.. lol.. ive only got like 8 sets connected.

Jeremy,

What in the world is the hold up here. Grab household lamps, anything with a light bulb / plug and plug them in.

Great to hear :waycool:.

Tom

OK, Jeremy,

So that anyone else who might read this post and have a problem, what did you do that fixed the problem? Others might learn from this.

Jeremy, are you still with us Jeremy :]?

Jeremy?

Tom

Santas Helper wrote:

Jeremy,

What in the world is the hold up here. Grab household lamps, anything with a light bulb / plug and plug them in.

Great to hear :waycool:.

Tom

My thoughts exactly. I've got (seriously) at least 20 strings of lights in my direct line of sight right now just sitting around looking to be plugged in to something.

(My wife has "concerns" regarding this situation but our therapist says we need to "work through it." :laughing:)

ChuckHutchings wrote:

(My wife has "concerns" regarding this situation but our therapist says we need to "work through it." :laughing:)

Chuck,

So how many LOR channels does your therapist run? :laughing:

Tom

Yeah, I am ok. what I did to fix the problem was took the big chip out right above the microprocessor and then Put it back in.. with the POWER OFF.. of course! And then plugged it back in tried the hardware utility and it is now working!.. im working on labeling the channels now!.. thanks for your help.. this was new to me since ive not built one i ordered my first 8 two years ago prebuilt.

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

Yeah, I am ok. this was new to me since ive not built one i ordered my first 8 two years ago prebuilt.

Good for you. :waycool:

Have fun.

Tom

Check the soldering on the white IC that controls that channel. (I assume you can identify the channel that isn't working.)

If that doesn't help, check the soldering on the chip on that side of the board. (The "medium" sized one.) You might have missed a pin.

Edit: If only ONE or TWO channels aren't working, you should work your way back from the output side to the middle. Check the soldering on the spade lugs, triacs, resistor, etc for the inop channel(s) and work back towards the center. (Follow the traces on the board.)

Jeremy Lawton wrote:

any suggestions on how to check it now that the board is in the enclosure?

Yes: remove it from the enclosure.

Don't feel bad - we've all been there. (At least I have.)

You can leave the power leads connected (******** BUT UNPLUG IT FROM THE POWER SOURCE!!!! ********) and just unscrew the heat sinks from the case and then from the triacs. Then flip the board over while the lines are still attached.

It's not THAT bad...

Edit: Added warning to unplug unit (for anyone reading this thread in the future.).

With the main power off.. right? This has definately been a learning procedure.. lesson learned #1 never attempt to solder at 2 AM..enough said there.