Light-O-Rama Forums

"graphic equalizer" in superstar

Quad

I want to have superstar sequence a moving graphic equalizer to the music. I have an 8 channel light ladder. Can anyone tell me if this is possible to do? I don't want to manually do this as it seems like a lot of needless work. Each channel is a bank of 300 christmas lights. If people can point me in the right direction, offer me pointers, or give me a step by step I'd really appreciate it.

is it rgb or regular lights? if it's regular lights then it's easy to do with the vu wizard. I think the vu wizard will only work in standard and above. but you can still use it as a demo in other versions

A graphic equalizer would seem like something Instant Sequence would do, but it really cannot. The Instant Sequence feature in the SuperStar Sequencer is based on trigger levels that are determined by the sensitivity setting. When the volume in a frequency gets above the trigger level it triggers the start of an effect, when it goes below a shutoff threshold, the effect ends. So there is nothing that varies in proportion to a volume which is what you need to do a graphic equalizer.

I agree that the VU wizard is probably the thing to try.

• 1 month later...