Light-O-Rama Forums

How do you convince wife that you need more controllers?

Guest guest

roberson3 wrote:

johnny christmas wrote:
when i expressed interest in getting another one or two at this sale to my fiancee she told me "its YOUR money do what you want"

god i love her :P

Wives as opposed to fiancee is usually a whole new ballgame when it comes to "its YOUR money do what you want" :shock::(:devil:

I saw this add once of a guy selling his new motorcycle. The add said that the motorcycle had been bought without the consent of his loving wife......went on to say that apparently "do what ever the h-ll you want" didn't mean what he thought it meant.:laughing:

i see what youre saying which is why im going to get all the controllers i want/need BEFORE we get married (and as im typing this shes saying "i support your hobby" LOL)

i do support your hobby..i do, i do, i do!!!!-john's fiancee. =]

johnny christmas wrote:

i see what youre saying which is why im going to get all the controllers i want/need BEFORE we get married (and as im typing this shes saying "i support your hobby" LOL)

i do support your hobby..i do, i do, i do!!!!-john's fiancee. =]

Well john's fiancee, watch out, or you may end up like me ...

Carl and I planned out what we were going to do for 2007 and decided we needed 2 more controllers ... THEN ...

I decided That things would look better here, or there, or well what about this ... or that ... or ...

So, I ordered a 3rd new controller for this year.

It's really quite "horrible" :shock: when you are married to a man who knows how to push all of your buttons :laughing: ... and gets you interested in a joint hoby that you can share ALL year long! :waycool:

You, know what I'm talking about right? A man who listens to and acts on your opinions about the display ... and HEY it's even more "horrible" when he lets YOU plan what You want and then ... even "lets" you "help" build it!

And what can a man say to a woman to get her so involved? It's easy really ... just that he really likes spending that time with her. :waycool: And thus .. His hoby becomes Her hoby as well. :]

:happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree::happytree:

rdensic wrote:

My wife pays the electric bill. In 2005 with 18,000 static lights our December bill jumped up $200. In 2006 with 28,000 lights but with 4 controllers our December bill only went up $50 or so.

So by simple math if I buy four more controllers and increase our light count to 45,000 we ought to get money back from Edison this year.

Logic trumps all. :}

I'm going to print this and put it on the fridge! The sale starts soon and I need all the ammo I can muster...

jeff

Jeff,

Fell free to quote me...It is my motto when... this is how I got two new controllers this year, lol.

Prior to using LOR my electric bill was over $200 for december. With LOR (only 1 channels last year) my bill was $just over $175. Not having all the lights on constantly helps to reduce the power usage.

Whitey

Whitey,

My wife was the one that pointed out the Carson Williams display on TV and asked me to try and make it happen here. She was a little concerned at the cost, but after comparing the 2005 and 2006 electric bills she's a believer now too!:laughing::waycool::shock:

jeff

haha I convinced my parents to allow me to get two more than planned because i told them that it would lower the electric bill...which was 100% true. Originally without LOR the bill was about $200 more than the normal bill, but with LOR it was only $50 more then the normal bill which isn't bad at all. Thats about 75% cheaper with LOR in the long run!

at least we are spending our money on something good,and not just for us, but for eveyone around us. my wife may get sick of hearing christmas songs and tired of hearing me talk about what i could do, but in the end she always says that i could be spending money on something that i dont need or that could get me into trouble.

dave wrote:

My wife may get sick of hearing christmas songs...

You know it's funny my wife was sick of hearing the same 10 seconds of songs over and over and over again. Then at our local Mini Plus in Ohio someone said he uses headphones to REALLY hear every detail. I thought - Oh yeah, headphones. Hmmm.

Brain cramp! :]

i use headphones when i dj and i dont like to use them when i dont have too. trust me ive been yelled at many times to put them on. but i am man hear me roar. lol

:laughing::laughing::laughing: well it dont always work that way. it doesnt help that i have a powerful sound system for my computer. once again i am man i need more power.

Power .. Sounds like you need a new fuse box or at less a sub-panel.

You may be hooked on PC when you are in the hotel bar drinking ‘adult’ beverages and posting on PC.

ya know the funny thing is i have been looking on lor and going through want im going to buy when the sale starts the last few days and this post was brought up

Easy. I have a slush fund for gadgets. She has a slush fund for (?). Mine is managed better (ie) it has slush in it most of the time.

I need a bigger yard. I can't seem to convince her of same... Any ideas on that one?

Well for me for the past month I haven't talked xmas to her. I did all my hunny dues listed for the house with no complaints, and the rest has been and still kissing her butt so she cant say no! No but really, I think she is starting to love it as i do, just not the putting it up or down part. so i started small and ask to get 3. and she was cool with it. sooooooooooooooooo, 3 for now but i really want to add 5 more. Got some work ahead of me.:laughing: