Light-O-Rama Forums
Rickbj

I want the same volume for all the music

Tim Fischer    194

That is true whether you give him fish every day or he catches his own.

That's why I'd like you to give me a fish one day, prime rib the next, baby back ribs the day following... :)

Surfing4Dough    191

That's why I'd like you to give me a fish one day, prime rib the next, baby back ribs the day following... :)

That is why I teach to fish for now--that will hold you for a while. Once Christmas passes, and the hecticness of display season is over, I can teach how to shoot a gun, which will let you take care of your other food choices (this also applies to what my original point was for the forums).

Tim Fischer    194

That is why I teach to fish for now--that will hold you for a while. Once Christmas passes, and the hecticness of display season is over, I can teach how to shoot a gun, which will let you take care of your other food choices (this also applies to what my original point was for the forums).

Teach me how to farm too, and we'll have a deal.

Guest wbottomley   
Guest wbottomley

It is that time of year when we see an influx of newbies to the hobby. In a perfect world they'd all read the documentation, search for the forums and figure it out for themselves. That's not the case though. People are going to ask the same questions again and again. They'll post the same information over and over. It happens every year. Some of those newbies decide it is not the hobby they want to do.

Others, though, get into it and are soon drowning in channels and lights. They'll be planning their 2013 or 2014 display next month while they are setting up for their first display. They'll be here on the forums to learn more about the hobby, and share with the new crop of newbies coming in next year. The best part? They'll get to see the same questions over and over with us next year.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone here, but trying to point out that it doesn't do the hobby and the LOR community any good to give the newbies a hard time. Just doesn't. If you know the answer, and have a free moment, answer the question and welcome them to the hobby. If they've asked the same question that someone else posted 20 minutes ago and it bothers you, just don't answer.

Carson Williams, Richard Holdman and Kevin Judd (cracker) were all new to the hobby once. I'm sure they asked someone, somewhere, a question that might be considered basic, and probably could have been gotten from a manual. (I even asked Dan once if I could use LED's on the controllers.) However, someone answered their question and the rest is history.

Don, you make a good point.

But... when the teacher or professor decides to give an open book test, I always looked up the answers. Then, I know I would be right.

• Like 1

rwertz    21

But... when the teacher or professor decides to give an open book test, I always looked up the answers. Then, I know I would be right.

There’s a test?

Crap, I forgot to study. It’s high school all over again… :(

• Like 1

Santas Helper    814

And actually....

The OP found his answer thru the open book test whether it be LOR or Google or what ever.

He is stating a "find", not asking a question, which everyone here seems to think he asked a question.

He found the answer on his own. And then shared it with others.

Guest wbottomley   
Guest wbottomley

Reg & Tom... you two didn't read my signature. I'm trying to have a little fun. :P

• Like 1

rwertz    21

Same here William. This post has inadvertently reached more people than any other post on this subject in the past year. Just trying to keep it going :D

Santas Helper    814

Reg & Tom... you two didn't read my signature. I'm trying to have a little fun. :P

LOL... I don't read fine print very well. ;)

But your earlier post got me thinking. I did have the hots for a teacher once AND she did give me an open "book" test.

Then I found LOR. :lol:

Edited by Santas Helper

Since this is the only thread that I think I may have stepped over the line, I will post my sincerest appologies to those who, as I was told that "I was being a bully". So as not to have it happen again I will limit my posts and try not to step on others toes.

Thank You

Earle

Tim Fischer    194

There’s a test?

Crap, I forgot to study. It’s high school all over again… :(

Does anyone else still have the dream where you walk into class, realize there's a big final exam, and you haven't kept up on the homework or studied for weeks?

I've been out of school for going on 2 decades now, and I still have that one :(

Thank you Rickbj for the post!!! I have been using Audacity but it is a manual process and requires an ear to get the volumes fairly equal in my sound files because the auto leveler looks at random peaks and may not increase the volume high enough for a quiet song. I end up having to select "clipping" of those peaks to occur so that the rest of the song sounds about the same volume. Then I have to listen to the song to make sure I am not distorting it. I will check out your suggestion for sure!!

On a side note, I had to change my signature line to reflect some of the other comments I see above.

Thank you all for your contributions and thought provoking conversations about a great hobby I am addicted to! I know that many of you have contributed to my display to make it what it is today! I am grateful! Keep the great community going and keep the ideas flowing!

Cheers and happy holidays!

• Like 1

Guest wbottomley   
Guest wbottomley
On a side note, I had to change my signature line to reflect some of the other comments I see above.

Welcome to the ignore list from this point forth.

• Like 2

shfr26    143

Oh my god. Earle has gone with out his Santa Pic, what did you guys do???? We still like you Earle. :)

• Like 1

David Rise    12

Anyone else have the dream where you're standing on top of a pyramid, surrounded by people dressed in sun god robes, throwing little pickles at you?

• Like 2

Tim Fischer    194

Anyone else have the dream where you're standing on top of a pyramid, surrounded by people dressed in sun god robes, throwing little pickles at you?

No, but it sounds fun. Except I don't like pickles, can we make it Twinkies or bacon or something?

• Like 1

Guest Don Gillespie   
Guest Don Gillespie

Read my signature

• Like 2

Don    249
You know what mama used to say... if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything.

Thread locked. Be nice.

Thank you.