Light-O-Rama Forums

Edwards Landing Lights Halloween 2012

MtDew4me

I took the kids out to see Brandon's show last night. With the national press that he received, the traffic was pretty high! There is a stop sign right in front of Brandon's home. So, people that might have blown by, stop and try to stay stopped. Brandon seemed concerned about the traffic and he was out with cone lights moving people along.

The show was awesome! Great job Brandon!

Thanks for all the positive comments. I thought I'd post an update on the current situation outside my house.

Last night went pretty smooth. LPD increased their drive-bys in the area and have been fantastic with which to work. A firefighter friend helped me manage the traffic which was very noticeably up over 2X from the night before. I'd guess we had about 100 cars come through between 7 and 8PM, most were first time viewers. The viewers were mainly able to self-manage after 8PM. It's hard to count them since many come and go at different times but none appear to leave before seeing Gangnam Style. No surprise there. Most vehicles were packed to the brim with people, 4-8 to a car/minivan/SUV. Viewers were very respectful and seemed to all enjoy the show. My continual promises/threats on the ELL Facebook page to shut the show down if they are not respectful of my neighbors seems to be filtering out. Many viewers actually helped out others with how to view in accordance with the rules I set.

The local Washington DC NBC 4 news crew arrived around 7:30PM and interviewed some of the viewers. The light show went off at the scheduled 10PM time. The news crew hung out in the dark for an hour. Although the boom truck, with the boom fully extended, sitting in the driveway did raise a few eyebrows. We then turned the lights back on for a short live broadcast of a Halloween segment of their show during the 11 o'clock news show. The crew was awesome and even showed the kids inside the truck which they all thought was pretty cool.

Today is another day and tonight is sure to see more traffic. Also, looks like Sandy might pay us a visit later this week.

The neighbors have been great and very excited......well, for now anyways. So far, so good.

Edited by MtDew4me

Was on Kimmel last night too. At about 7:15 in the show. ABC forced me to download an app to my iPad to view it, so I don't have a link, but if you just go to their website and find the Jimmy Kimmel show, you'll be able to view it.

Thank you. I am glad that I had a small part to play in his over all display.

Torqumada

Give yourself more credit bro, its much more than a small part to sequence a song with singing faces. Takes alot more time and patience imo. Without you sharing that part of the sequence he would have never had it done, peroid. So don't be so humble ;)

Edited by ToddH

I also saw this mentioned in local news in Salt Lake City - just glad to get back home to Virginia tomorrow... Might make for a nice weekend trip!

Its not about how many lights or channels or youtube hits you have. The most important thing is you are having fun and you are making people smile. I think we are all after the same end result, lets have fun doing it.

Totally agree! The best for me was when I came home the other night and there was a mom with her two kids in a stroller and the were dancing in their seats and smiling and laughing. The mom said they look forward all day to their walk after dinner to go see the singing pumpkin show. Makes it all worth it!

Bingo! Well put Shaggy. I had a family tell me they were on their way home, kids fighting in the van as usual, saw my display, stopped, tuned in an they were all smiling, laughing and enjoying it, forgot what they were fighting about lol.