Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR IDs

Guest guest

I have a quick question, I will be purchasing a few controllers this summer and as i plan out my next years display, it has occured to me that I would like 16 channels on the roof and 16 in the yard to basically be the same. So could I set a controller on the ground as 1 and one on the roof as 1 as well? If so, do both of these have to be the first in the network? Having the roof lights and the ground lights running off the same board would, not only be a massive expense, by running all them extension cords up there, but would definitly overload the board and the electric circuts in the house. Or in LOR sequence editor can u assign a channel to 2 different boards?

I hope that is clear, it is to me kind of, lol.

Thanks

I think you will have to duplicate your efforts in the sequencer. Only one of the boards will be your primary and the others are secondary running daisy chained together. So if you have duplicate stuff on the roof(primary) and the same thing happening on the ground(secondary), then you will have to duplicate your channels in the sequencer.

It's not that big a deal. Keep each unit on different IDs i.e. 1 and 2. Once you have the first 16 channels sequenced, jut copy and paste them into the next 16 channels for the other part of your yard. I do this all the time for channels that I want to be in identical without having to go cell by cell to sequence.

-Bill

www.planochristmas.com

I think you will have to duplicate your efforts in the sequencer. Only one of the boards will be your primary and the others are secondary running daisy chained together. So if you have duplicate stuff on the roof(primary) and the same thing happening on the ground(secondary), then you will have to duplicate your channels in the sequencer.

For clairfication, there is a primary board only if you are running standalone. When controlled by the computer there is not a primary board.

It is not a good idea to have more than one controller in the network with the same ID. When cutting and pasting and entire section of a squence make sure to use the shift key and the mouse. That way you can click once at the top left of the area then use the sliders to move around then (shift click) on the bottom right cell of the area and highlight the entire area.

shortay wrote:

I have a quick question, I will be purchasing a few controllers this summer and as i plan out my next years display, it has occured to me that I would like 16 channels on the roof and 16 in the yard to basically be the same. So could I set a controller on the ground as 1 and one on the roof as 1 as well? If so, do both of these have to be the first in the network? Having the roof lights and the ground lights running off the same board would, not only be a massive expense, by running all them extension cords up there, but would definitly overload the board and the electric circuts in the house. Or in LOR sequence editor can u assign a channel to 2 different boards?

I hope that is clear, it is to me kind of, lol.

Thanks

Another option depending on the distance and the amps you are using is to just hook both the items on the roof and in the yard to the same box using something like a triple tap adapter.