Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone else building a frame for a 12 ribbon CCR tree?

Frank Farmer

A couple weeks ago I posted in this topic that I had updated by web page to show how I rebuilt my pixel tree for 2014. I also noted that my web server was getting intermittent.  Well, a couple days later it completely died.  As of a few minutes ago, my website is back up (thanks Don), so you can see what I did for 2014.  When I took it down Monday I took some more photos that were requested and will be adding those in the next day or so.  I will also be adding a page on my CCPs in PEX arches.  Lastly, my video guy should have videos to me in the next week or so, so those will also be available soon.

The tree page is:   http://newburghlights.org/pixel_tree.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We'll I ordered my tubing today, I'm getting it at cost, a lady in the front office knows "" a man that owns a fab shop here in town. I also ordered SS bolts and nuts..... Now just need LOR to have the spring sale....

I'm getting 15 pieces 21 feet long for under 250.00. Aluminum 3/4 X 3/4 X 1/8.  Delivered to my house... 

Edited by Larry Leonhardt

Delivered: 3/4 X 3/4 X 1/8 21 feet long 15 pieces. And it was only 225.00

Also got my ss bolts in, but the ones they sent aren't threaded all the way down, so I will have to reorder them. I also got wing nuts to put this together.

I have my tubing, got my bolts, but I also ordered wing-nuts for the back of the ccr tree. I have also ordered a large star from Brian, had it special made. Bought a plastic tool box that has a seal around the top that will hold 12 CCR controllers and 2 power supplies. Now I just need the weather to get better. Thank you Frank for all the help and picture's. I will post pictures when I get started. 

I use them for my boxes with 4 core pigtails for the last 5 years no problems mostly with the 27 channel DMX controllers

• Like 1

You might want to check back with Brian at Super Star Lights about his star, I just had one made to Franks spec's. Got it in today, will take pictures and post them when I can.

• 3 weeks later...

I have started putting my star together that Brain had made for me, It's a 36" star, I hope in a few weeks to start on the 3/4 tube frame, and will post pictures also.

post-323-0-64066500-1425258041_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed that no one has ask what order the star and CCR,s go, So i PMed Frank and this was his reply:

Hi Larry,

Star channel #1 in the center star, 6th on the outside.

CCR channels are counted from left to right as you look at the tree.

Make sure you post pictures of your work, looking forward to see what you have done.

Frank

Again, Thank You Frank for all you do on this subject. our are the best.

">c430cea6-8273-4c38-b082-830f809ab5c8_zpsAlso you have to state if your controllers are at top or bottom  of tree

You are correct, mine will be at the base of the tree.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have been working on my CCR tree, i have the frame together, I can tell you 2 things, it's heavy, and don't try and stand it up by yourself.

Here are some pictures:

http://s113.photobucket.com/user/LLeonha104/embed/slideshow/CCR%20Tree"></iframe>

• Like 1