Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Flood Help

enraginangel

So I just received my CCF yesterday and started playing with it today. I didn't win the Try For Free promotion, but maybe next year...

Anyway, I got it to detect in the hardware utility and it looks fine. However, when I hook it up and try testing it in the Sequence Editor, it doesn't light up? Am I missing something? I haven't touched LOR since last year so I may be rusty, but I remember I could design and test as I went. Am I doing something wrong? Should I just RTFM?

I set the Unit ID to 04, I added a Cosmic Color Device with the Unit ID as 04 and made sure it was a 10 channel device with two strands (for both CCF heads).

I just made a simple animation that just turns it on and I don't see anything light up.

Okay, while "control lights" was unchecked my first time around, the CCF still doesn't light up with it checked the second time around.

So what I did was I created an instant sequence for 1 CCR in Superstar then exported it to the LOR sequence editor. While it was programmed for all 50 channels, I figured it would still work for the 10 I needed. I played the sequence and the CCF lit up!

...but not the way it was programmed in Superstar...It seems to just light up randomly. And when I tried setting all grid boxes to "On", it would still not light up.

Thank you for your help, Jim, but it looks like I still need another push to get this thing going.

Okay, I figured it out. I perused another subforum and figured how to set it up with advice from Don. I guess I wasn't supposed to set it up as a Cosmic Color device and only needed to set up two RGB channels and 4 regular channels for strobing.

Okay, I figured it out. I perused another subforum and figured how to set it up with advice from Don. I guess I wasn't supposed to set it up as a Cosmic Color device and only needed to set up two RGB channels and 4 regular channels for strobing.

Speaking of which, if you haven't already done so, you can download this example of one way to set up a CCF.

• The topic was locked