Light-O-Rama Forums

Snowfall / Meteor Light tubes from China, $15.99/ Free Shipping!?!

Arteom

Really curious to seeing what you think of them Arteom... Looking to purchase my own tubes this year and trying to find the best deal out there.

...standing by....

I'm a picky person, but I buy LED's from China all the time, will a small cheap mod, they last forever, My Landscaping Lights outside took 190 Watts and now only take 30 because of $3 (free S&H) MR11 Replacements from China, 2 Years, work great; only one went out cause I stepped on the bulb when I was cleaning the lenses...

EDIT:

Ok the "forever" comment was an exaggeration.

Edited by Arteom

Water test them then put them in the freezer for 2 hours (transformer too) and turn them on cold.

If every thing checks out, buy more!

We never experience freezing rain here in the valley, So testing to such drastic measures is not needed to test their durability for my climate...

Sorry. I'm a little lost. Is this for 1 tube or 8 tubes?

Its for one set containing eight individual snowfall tubes.

Alrighty guys, I got the LED's tubes!!! Here are a few pics! Thoughts are below...

AMBA0042.jpg

AMBA0043.jpg

AMBA0044.jpg

AMBA0047.jpg

AMBA0049.jpg

AMBA0050.jpg

They ARE Both sided, actually you can see them from all sides.

AMBA0055.jpg

Edited by Arteom

Quality:

The build quality is okay, the circuit board is very simple and you can resolder an LED if you need to or the resistor or anything for that matter. The housing itself surprisingly durable fragile, the clear plastic tube is a nice thickness, they probably won't survive a step, but a fall from the later or roof onto the pavement or lawn probably won't hurt them. Will they leak? Maybe, a good amount of silicone won't hurt, but as I can see they already are sealed with some kind of rubber sealant.

Look:

They look great! MUCH better than those Gemmy lights, for me personally, they "drip" way to fast, these have a slow drip, the duration is around 2 and a half - 3 seconds for the length of the light. They are brighter than the gemmy lights, but they are not brighter than cool while dome or classic cap LED icicle. Obviously the gemmy brand drip lights look great in the day with their polished plastic ice look, obviously these won't look as nearly as nice in the daylight hours, but they will probably go unnoticed as the housing is clear and the board is white.

Final Thoughts:

For $15.99 the price cannot be beat! They look great, I don't know their performance in the long run, I will keep everyone posted!

Would I buy them again? Yeah of course, infact, I'm buying more right now ;)

From what I've seen so far, they don't fire all at the same time, so using them as a burst probably won't work. I'll be looking for your video.

Any video of use outdoors at night (from a distance)? Thanks.

Sure I guess... tomorrows Church service, so Monday evening.

Edited by Arteom

Nice job on the video, thanks for sharing! :)

One thing I noticed is they are slower than mine. Probably too slow to burst with beat, but could be useful in a slow song. They do look good though. Using them among icicle lights would be a great choice.

Edited by scubado

As promised I put together a video for everyone ;)

Enjoy!

I have to say those look very nice,,,,and that video is done so well I thought I was watching the home shopping network... no joke you should send that seller your video and maybe get a couple sets for free

Superb job on the video and review, I have ordered four sets of these, can't wait to integrate them this year with my show.