Light-O-Rama Forums
Arteom

Snowfall / Meteor Light tubes from China, $15.99/ Free Shipping!?!

Sorry. I'm a little lost. Is this for 1 tube or 8 tubes?

Sorry. I'm a little lost. Is this for 1 tube or 8 tubes?

Its for one set containing eight individual snowfall tubes.

Alrighty guys, I got the LED's tubes!!! Here are a few pics! Thoughts are below...

AMBA0042.jpg

AMBA0043.jpg

AMBA0044.jpg

AMBA0047.jpg

AMBA0049.jpg

AMBA0050.jpg

They ARE Both sided, actually you can see them from all sides.

AMBA0055.jpg

Edited by Arteom

Quality:

The build quality is okay, the circuit board is very simple and you can resolder an LED if you need to or the resistor or anything for that matter. The housing itself surprisingly durable fragile, the clear plastic tube is a nice thickness, they probably won't survive a step, but a fall from the later or roof onto the pavement or lawn probably won't hurt them. Will they leak? Maybe, a good amount of silicone won't hurt, but as I can see they already are sealed with some kind of rubber sealant.

Look:

They look great! MUCH better than those Gemmy lights, for me personally, they "drip" way to fast, these have a slow drip, the duration is around 2 and a half - 3 seconds for the length of the light. They are brighter than the gemmy lights, but they are not brighter than cool while dome or classic cap LED icicle. Obviously the gemmy brand drip lights look great in the day with their polished plastic ice look, obviously these won't look as nearly as nice in the daylight hours, but they will probably go unnoticed as the housing is clear and the board is white.

Final Thoughts:

For $15.99 the price cannot be beat! They look great, I don't know their performance in the long run, I will keep everyone posted!

Would I buy them again? Yeah of course, infact, I'm buying more right now ;)

No video for what reason?

You want a video? Sure, I'll post one tomorrow ;)

From what I've seen so far, they don't fire all at the same time, so using them as a burst probably won't work. I'll be looking for your video.

As promised I put together a video for everyone ;)

Enjoy!

• Like 3

Any video of use outdoors at night (from a distance)? Thanks.

Sure I guess... tomorrows Church service, so Monday evening.

Edited by Arteom

Nice job on the video, thanks for sharing! :)

One thing I noticed is they are slower than mine. Probably too slow to burst with beat, but could be useful in a slow song. They do look good though. Using them among icicle lights would be a great choice.

Edited by scubado

As promised I put together a video for everyone ;)

Enjoy!

I have to say those look very nice,,,,and that video is done so well I thought I was watching the home shopping network... no joke you should send that seller your video and maybe get a couple sets for free

Superb job on the video and review, I have ordered four sets of these, can't wait to integrate them this year with my show.

Yep, great job on the video. cheers2.gif

They are WAY cheaper than the sets I've bought from Valorie(Christmas-LEDs.com) but the build quality and power supply also seem way cheaper.

Saying that... I'm probably going to buy a couple of the larger sets to play with since they're so cheap. :)

Thanks again for taking the time to make that video.

Great work. I like the star burst affect. Gives me some ideas. Thanks!

Glad everyone likes the video, Thanks for the compliments. I'll release the outdoor video tomorrow evening if I have time to edit it... as per Surfing4Dough's request.

Other than that, these lights are surprisingly durable, I ducked a light tube into water for around a minute (the end without the wire stayed out of the water though) and it works perfectly fine afterwards...

Looking at the construction of these lights I see remarkable similarities between your tubes, and the ones I purchased on closeout last year. The wire, molded fittings and plastic housing are identical to those on my sets. However, I like how your set has one long circuit board down the entire length. Mine have the LED's soldered directly to one another in a daisy chain like configuration, a little bit more fragile construction method than the one long board. Mine also came in sets with alternating lengths, a roughly 12" tube followed by one almost 20" them back to the 12" and so on. They also came with a base set of 8 tubes and expansion sets of 6 tubes. Full price they wanted 54.95 for them in the shop for a base set, but I got them on clearance for a fraction of that. I have a total of 54 tubes, so I'm hoping they work well. I do, however like your setup better.

Looking at the construction of these lights I see remarkable similarities between your tubes, and the ones I purchased on closeout last year. The wire, molded fittings and plastic housing are identical to those on my sets. However, I like how your set has one long circuit board down the entire length. Mine have the LED's soldered directly to one another in a daisy chain like configuration, a little bit more fragile construction method than the one long board. Mine also came in sets with alternating lengths, a roughly 12" tube followed by one almost 20" them back to the 12" and so on. They also came with a base set of 8 tubes and expansion sets of 6 tubes. Full price they wanted 54.95 for them in the shop for a base set, but I got them on clearance for a fraction of that. I have a total of 54 tubes, so I'm hoping they work well. I do, however like your setup better.

I have been shopping with eBay and Chinese sellers for a long, long time... and still, the prices and quality of some of the products you can get if you know where to look is incredible.

Video is being uploaded of the outdoor demo, It will be processed and I will post a link in 20 minutes, stand by...

Here it is! I must say thanks Surfing4Dough for the request, you should have seen the neighbors faces when they seen me hanging the Christmas lights outside... they thought I went nuts! Plus it was real eye opener to see these in action and decorating and seeing the house (even this much) inspired me even more for this season!

Enjoy, hopefully it will help some of you here.

Edited by Arteom
  • Like 2

Here it is! I must say thanks Surfing4Dough for the request, you should have seen the neighbors faces when they seen me hanging the Christmas lights outside... they thought I went nuts! Plus it was real eye opener to see these in action and decorating and seeing the house (even this much) inspired me even more for this season!

Enjoy, hopefully it will help some of you here.

Thanks and you're welcome.

Very nice video. Great job, I 2 will be ordering a few sets. Thanks Rob

Anybody experiencing a delay in receiving these? I'm about 35 days passed the date I got a "shipped" notice from the company.

I'll be contacting them if I don't receive them by mid next week (11/28)