Light-O-Rama Forums

Snowfall / Meteor Light tubes from China, $15.99/ Free Shipping!?!

Arteom

Yep, great job on the video. cheers2.gif

They are WAY cheaper than the sets I've bought from Valorie(Christmas-LEDs.com) but the build quality and power supply also seem way cheaper.

Saying that... I'm probably going to buy a couple of the larger sets to play with since they're so cheap. :)

Thanks again for taking the time to make that video.

Glad everyone likes the video, Thanks for the compliments. I'll release the outdoor video tomorrow evening if I have time to edit it... as per Surfing4Dough's request.

Other than that, these lights are surprisingly durable, I ducked a light tube into water for around a minute (the end without the wire stayed out of the water though) and it works perfectly fine afterwards...

Looking at the construction of these lights I see remarkable similarities between your tubes, and the ones I purchased on closeout last year. The wire, molded fittings and plastic housing are identical to those on my sets. However, I like how your set has one long circuit board down the entire length. Mine have the LED's soldered directly to one another in a daisy chain like configuration, a little bit more fragile construction method than the one long board. Mine also came in sets with alternating lengths, a roughly 12" tube followed by one almost 20" them back to the 12" and so on. They also came with a base set of 8 tubes and expansion sets of 6 tubes. Full price they wanted 54.95 for them in the shop for a base set, but I got them on clearance for a fraction of that. I have a total of 54 tubes, so I'm hoping they work well. I do, however like your setup better.

Looking at the construction of these lights I see remarkable similarities between your tubes, and the ones I purchased on closeout last year. The wire, molded fittings and plastic housing are identical to those on my sets. However, I like how your set has one long circuit board down the entire length. Mine have the LED's soldered directly to one another in a daisy chain like configuration, a little bit more fragile construction method than the one long board. Mine also came in sets with alternating lengths, a roughly 12" tube followed by one almost 20" them back to the 12" and so on. They also came with a base set of 8 tubes and expansion sets of 6 tubes. Full price they wanted 54.95 for them in the shop for a base set, but I got them on clearance for a fraction of that. I have a total of 54 tubes, so I'm hoping they work well. I do, however like your setup better.

I have been shopping with eBay and Chinese sellers for a long, long time... and still, the prices and quality of some of the products you can get if you know where to look is incredible.

Video is being uploaded of the outdoor demo, It will be processed and I will post a link in 20 minutes, stand by...

Here it is! I must say thanks Surfing4Dough for the request, you should have seen the neighbors faces when they seen me hanging the Christmas lights outside... they thought I went nuts! Plus it was real eye opener to see these in action and decorating and seeing the house (even this much) inspired me even more for this season!

Enjoy, hopefully it will help some of you here.

Edited by Arteom
  • Like 2

Here it is! I must say thanks Surfing4Dough for the request, you should have seen the neighbors faces when they seen me hanging the Christmas lights outside... they thought I went nuts! Plus it was real eye opener to see these in action and decorating and seeing the house (even this much) inspired me even more for this season!

Enjoy, hopefully it will help some of you here.

Thanks and you're welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody experiencing a delay in receiving these? I'm about 35 days passed the date I got a "shipped" notice from the company.

I'll be contacting them if I don't receive them by mid next week (11/28)

Anybody experiencing a delay in receiving these? I'm about 35 days passed the date I got a "shipped" notice from the company.

I'm assuming the post office is backed up, so economy shipping packages are pushed as far back as possible to allow room for people who paid for faster service.

Wire is very small and breaks real easy. Both of my sets went into the trash can as I did not have time to work on them.

Jeff

Wire is very small and breaks real easy. Both of my sets went into the trash can as I did not have time to work on them.

Jeff

I agree it is very thin but if you take care of it and don't snag the wires you will be fine... I can imagine this would become a huge problem if your gonna use these lights in trees.

Yes Sir.. That is what happened with me in the tree's. Small hang up and a little tug all quit working.

I ebay ordered 2 sets 10/30/12 and got Today,11/23/12.

One tube broken clear tube but light still works and easy fix.

Running for a few hours now....Most Pleased. Thanks!

:D

Edited by rodman1369

I agree it is very thin but if you take care of it and don't snag the wires you will be fine... I can imagine this would become a huge problem if your gonna use these lights in trees.

I also have these type of lights.The thin wire broke on several of them last year.I have them attached to 1/8 cables.Makes sure you fasten them extra good.Mine have 2 plastic loops on them for fastening.Last year i only fastened them to one of the loops.A few of them broke off the single loop.My lights were bought at shopko on clearance prices.

I currently have two sets on the front of my house. More coming in the mail now. Hard to see in the picture due to how bright everything else is, but one set is on each pillar.

post-10420-13537281588478_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of the info. I watched it and just had to find some. I found a location on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121038785599 that had them for $12.50 each if you buy 10. Their store has a lot of options and they are here in the US so shipping is fast. I'll let you know when I get them if they are any good. Again thanks for the videos and all the information.

12 days from order to delivery...not bad at all....

Ordered my 29 days ago.. they are telling me perhaps 1-2 more weeks before they get here. So much for the 18 days they expected.