Light-O-Rama Forums

Light Count

tomskillman

How does everyone count RGB LED strips in their light count. I'm going to be using some of the 5M RGB strings this year and trying to decide how they count in my numbers....

I stopped counting xK's of lights when the xK's of $ spent was as high, if not higher.... I just post over 50K lights on the webiste though that is a gross underestatement. Dont really care.. When asked, my response is usually not enough...or...Too Many.... depending on my mood.

I keep a very detailed track of amperage draws, but stopped with the lights cause of RGB stuff, lets face it, one RGB flood can have 150 "light bulbs" but they look like one to the audience

I don't count the lights, channels, or controllers. I count the smiles on everyone's face.

Dang, I ran out of likes or I would like it.

I love the comments and agree with you all!!

I think other people like to brag about your display - so give 'em some fun numbers to digest!! And I agree, keep the stats in to categories...

15k incandescents, 3k LEDs on 10 RGB light strips, $7k, 3k feet wire, 1 million zip ties, 1 disturbed wife, and hundreds of smiles and still counting!!!

Thanks everyone for a great forum!!