Light-O-Rama Forums

Lights on Thunderbird is finally ready to go!

ScottyMo

After 9 months of work, my first lightshow is finally up and running! Time to take a break and relax :-)

Here are the first 2 videos.

Monster Mash…

Ghost Busters…

The show consists of 270 DMX channels driving 300 feet of RGB strips, 400 Piranha LED modules (5 leds per module), 200 RGB string LEDS, 6 LED floods, and 3 singing faces.

Special thanks to Kevin (Cracker). If it wasn’t for seeing his display on CNN, I would never have gotten into this hobby. I think it’s pretty obvious I modeled my display after his designs :-)

ScottyMo

• Like 2

That Looks Amazing!

I would love to know how the faces were done!

I want to down size my faces for next year and those are perfect!

Fantastic work. Love the faces. And I can really appreciate the progression of effects...you don't give up the goods too early.

That Looks Amazing!

I have to fully agree here. That is a great job there!! I would also love to know how you did those faces if you are willing to share.

Great job though and welcome to the madness.

That Looks Amazing!

I have to fully agree here. That is a great job there!! I would also love to know how you did those faces if you are willing to share.

Great job though and welcome to the madness.

Thanks guys. I actually started a thread last month about the faces and gave a behind the scenes tutorial with pictures.

Take a look at this post...

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/22448-a-different-approach-singing-faces/#entry213704

ScottyMo

Where did you buy your controller? LOR controller?

No. The controllers I use are not LOR. My display is strictly DMX controlled by the LOR software (S3). The display used 10 - 27 channel DMX boards. Kevin (Cracker) sells them through his store. Here is a link...

http://store.creativelightingdisplays.com/27-Channel-DMX-RGB-Controller-9-RGB-groups-27CH-DMX.htm

ScottyMo

No. The controllers I use are not LOR. My display is strictly DMX controlled by the LOR software (S3). The display used 10 - 27 channel DMX boards. Kevin (Cracker) sells them through his store. Here is a link...

http://store.creativ...ps-27CH-DMX.htm

ScottyMo

Can you use standard lights for outlets with this? and could you send me a link where I could get lights for this?

Can you use standard lights for outlets with this? and could you send me a link where I could get lights for this?

No. You cannot use standard light strings with the 27 channel dmx controllers. These controllers are capable of 12 to 24 volts. I am operating 12v rgb dumb strips with them.

The standard light strings you buy at home depot etc, are 110v.

ScottyMo

After 9 months of work, my first lightshow is finally up and running! Time to take a break and relax :-)

Here are the first 2 videos.

Monster Mash…

Ghost Busters…

The show consists of 270 DMX channels driving 300 feet of RGB strips, 400 Piranha LED modules (5 leds per module), 200 RGB string LEDS, 6 LED floods, and 3 singing faces.

Special thanks to Kevin (Cracker). If it wasn’t for seeing his display on CNN, I would never have gotten into this hobby. I think it’s pretty obvious I modeled my display after his designs :-)

I really like it , but I don't understand it , those lines are RGB strips and what about those bright extra wide strips ? Point me to a source I wanna know more . Thanks

ScottyMo