Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't hold back the excitement

NEWTOUR

I just can't get the smile off my face. I just recieved my 1st LOR controller in the mail Yesterday. I wired it all up last night, as soon as I came through the door today. I pulled out 16 old strands of lights for my 1st test. I was able to do a quickshow setup and ran it all for the first time. I FREEEEAKIN LOVE IT!!!!!! I only had 1 hiccup last night with having the controller looking at the wrong comm port. I can't wait to have it all on the house. I have already recieved all my wire w/socket spools, LED bulbs, 1000' of extension cord wire, and vampire plugs. All that is left is to cit them to lenght attach the plugs and buy the all-in-one light clips to hang.

SO FREEEEEAKIN PUMPED!!!!!!

We've all been there. Many of us, including myself, thought it was one of the ten greatest feelings ever!

The good part is that if you're a true addict, and you give every indication that you're well on your way to being one, you'll get that same feeling the first time you see it lit up EVERY YEAR! Since I was a kid, I always enjoyed Christmas... but the last four have been truly special.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

Yes, I have that great big smile every year, but this is the first year I have had the joy of doing it with the LOR product. I previously ran the cheap little Mr. Christmas pre programmed controller from HD. Everyone has to start somewhere. I do also want to say thanks to all the folks on the forum that have help me prepare for all this, and Paul and LEEH at CDI for having all the stuff I needed on the shelf for local pickup. That takes alot of stress out of it for me.

I remember doing the same thing,heck it started in December hte year before I had light o rama. I also had the preprogrammed box with the annoying blinking lights,and told myself I needed something better. i then found lor downloaded the demo and a few hours later had a song in the works,even then a big smile :D

Ah... another addict :-) The first fix is for free.

After 20 years of doing this, it is still as exciting as the first day. The only problem is that I am too old to do it any more on my own house.