Light-O-Rama Forums

Wizard of Oz themed Build

TJ Hvasta

Finished the Wicked Witch's castle.. 6' x 5'.. lit with a 3' RGB strip in front, and incand flood behind..

Tomorrow I work on Dorothy's house (clapboard siding), witches legs under it, the split rail fence of the corn field the scarecrow is in, and Munchkinland houses, the (fabric) tornado, cow, row boat and bike plywood cutouts. I still have to find a place to mount the wheels for the Axworthy flying monkey and witch (200' zipline running around the yard powered by wiper motor) then I have to start working on the costumes on the skeletons.. Dorothy, Party of Four, are to be zombies.. Still lots to do! I may have to modify the display for the amount of props i've got.. and I still have to find a Wizard of Oz waistcoat for my costume. I'm going to be behind the curtain running everything.

post-4454-0-00389700-1349415290_thumb.jp

Edited by TJ Hvasta
  • Like 1

looking good TJ and looking forward to seeing the whole show

Edited by digdeepfundraising

Nice work TJ and I suppose your the great Wizard of Oz?

"I'm going to be behind the curtain running everything." - TJ Hvasta

But great job hope to see it

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, been looking for my morning (mourning) coat the Wizard wears.. thot of doing myself as the door guard too, but I like the Wizard better.. here's the first test of the Wizard face up on the house.. in person, the sequencing goes really well, but my DroidX cant capture the frame rate so it looks like the segments overlap..

Here's the second run test..

Edited by TJ Hvasta

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a bunch of pix/video from Halloween Night of the yard and ToT'ers, but I'm at my upload limit here. If you're on FB, I've got everything uploaded on our Haunts On Hopi page: https://www.facebook.com/HauntsOnHopi. I should have the video uploaded to YT in a couple days or so.

This was a fun build, lots of kids, lots of adults too. Everyone was asking "where's the pirate ship?".. Next year is Disney's Haunted Mansion, but Pirates will make it back in two years.. 'seems I'm suffering piratical withdrawl, and thats as long as I can go P-)

• Like 1