Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR in Sequence Editor

Kyle Whitaker

I have SuperStar, but if I am only trying to do simple (no morphs) single color on/off/fade/twinkle for the whole strand then it would seem like the Sequence editor would be easy to use; however, I am having trouble understanding the CCR channel layout and how to get it to do something simple. Any "cheats" or advise? Does anyone every do any work with CCRs in the sequence editor beside pasting in their SuperStar Export?

Do a search for Nutcracker. It's a fantastic program to assist programming CCRs. When you find the site don't forget to Donate a little somthing to thank him for all of his hard work.

Programming the CCR in the sequence editor is easy. Use the color fade tool, twinkles and fades as you normally would. I haven't had much luck using nutcracker to program the ccr (It's kind of overkill).

• Like 1

Programming the CCR in the sequence editor is easy. Use the color fade tool, twinkles and fades as you normally would. I haven't had much luck using nutcracker to program the ccr (It's kind of overkill).

I agree,superstar is geared more for folks with multible ccds maybe 6 or more. you can sequence some very cool stuff with just the se.

I do all of my CCR/CCB programming in the SE. I use the color fade tool quite a bit - makes it easy to set new colors.

Does anyone every do any work with CCRs in the sequence editor beside pasting in their SuperStar Export?

Sad to say, I don't seem to be adept enough to achieve results with Superstar any better than I can do manually. Maybe this winter...

Since they've come out, I've sequenced CCRs (and now CCBs) manually in the Sequence Editor. It really doesn't take very long to become proficient. If we're talking matrices and monster pixel mega trees you need to look elsewhere for the best software choices. But for common and ordinary applications of CCD products, the Sequence Editor does fine.

Another excellent method of morphing colors is by using the fill tool.

I did use superstar the other night to do some quick programming on my single CCR. Last year I had macros programmed that I think ran ok, but this year they were definitely not cutting it. Sometimes it worked ok on the ribbon, but not in the visualizer, sometimes the other way around. I used superstar and the instant sequence feature to get some pretty cool looking effects for that single ribbon. I may do some teaking to improve it some, but it really didn't do too badly. The rest of this one sequence is plenty busy in other areas.

I've found that no matter what I seem to do regarding the instant sequence function, they all seem to come out looking pretty much the same for song after song. Clearly there's something I still don't grasp.

Ok so I see how to use the color fade tool, but is there a way to pick just a solid color WITHOUT fading?

Played around a bit more and now I realize that the color fade tool has a right AND left choose button so I can set the entire fade to "fade" on the same color. I can't get it into the SE without selecting at least 2 rows, which is a little annoying, but I can work with it. If there is a way to choose the color and then just "fill" 1 cell like you do with non-ccrs let me know. TY

In addition to the question above, SuperStar imports white a pinkish color (Red 100%, Blue 69%, Green 60% I think) if you want white in SE do you use white or a pinkish color?

I haven't run into the issue that you are having with the fade tool. I use white in the SE when I want a white color.

In addition to the question above, SuperStar imports white a pinkish color (Red 100%, Blue 69%, Green 60% I think) if you want white in SE do you use white or a pinkish color?

If you run what SS gives you, you will see that what actually comes out of the CCR is a pretty pure white.

It shows in SE that it is Red 100%, Blue 69%, Green 60%. I used the hardware utility and set the lights to that level and the definitely look "whiter" then all at 100%. 100% has a blue tint. So you know the answer to my other question? I can't get it into the SE without selecting at least 2 rows, which is a little annoying, but I can work with it. If there is a way to choose the color and then just "fill" 1 cell like you do with non-ccrs let me know. TY

You can get a single color in one cell only by just moving the mouse just slightly in either direction while working in one cell.

• 8 months later...

Looks like the question about how to get the color fade tool to work within a single cell has been answered, but I just want to add a little explanation of why it's the way it is, because it's actually an additional little feature rather than just weirdness without reason:

If you just plain click on an empty area of an RGB channel with the color fade tool selected, it does a fill.  That is, for example, let's say the empty area is preceded with orange, and it's followed by blue.  Then clicking (and not dragging) in that empty area will automatically replace the empty area with a color fade from orange to blue.

, which shows an example of it being used this way (starting at about 5:39 into the video).

• The topic was locked