Light-O-Rama Forums

Question for the experienced...

TDOVEL

When do ya start preparing for Halloween an Xmas or any other holidays?? This is my first year and when it was Xmas in July I was preparing for Halloween and still haven't completed yet... Then only a few weeks to start my Xmas programming...

Hmmm,

PREPARING for Halloween? March isn't too early to start preparing... SOOO much to do!

PREPARING for Christmas? March isn't too early to start preparing... SOOO much to do!

SETTING UP for Halloween? I usually start the 2nd week of October.

SETTING UP for Christmas? I start the November 1st.

D.T.

In my short experience, I started last year in June for a 32 channel Christmas show. For the 2012 Christmas show, I started working on design and props in December 2011. I started some sequencing about

February on the initial design. I started sequencing on final design in May-June time frame. I have 5 songs to tweak and about 33 days before set-up begins for final testing. I start Christmas Set-up on the 3rd of November.

A 16 channel show for either may be about all you can get done in the short time you have. 32, maybe, but that would be pushing very hard between now and then, unless, you have your sequencing already finished.

If everything's ready to go, you're in good shape.

Good Luck,

Ron

I bought 4 controllers but only using 3, so far.. I've kinda cheated on some of my stuff for halloween, I'm lighting up the windows when some of my characters are talking.. I'm calling it old school!! Lol. But created Pennywise the clown from the movie IT, instead of doing the pumpkins! I'm

Only doing one song and several short clips from movies ( IT, Friday 13th and phsyco).

I was working on ideas for this year's display before last year's was up. I was purchasing items for prototyping in January/February, and actively working on items all year.

I can not actually remember a day since last year that I did not at least think about what I was going to do this year, well maybe one day.

I have next year's show planned before I start this year's set up.

My show this year will be that same (more or less) as last year so no real sequencing.

I have spent way too many hours to use it for one year (plus we had a lot of family stuff going on).

I already have a few controllers and a few CCRs to add to the show next year.

its never to early to plan

If you want a fascinating show, it requires 365 days of work. If that's too much, then you get what you get.

Looks like I'm gonna get what I get this year. Damn... I took about two weeks off during the early part of the summer...

• Like 2

When do ya start preparing for Halloween an Xmas or any other holidays??

My first synchronized display was in 2005. I actually started planning that display while my 2004 static display was still up. I spent a lot of time working on the display that year. How much time? I don't really know. It was a lot though.

Depending on what I'm changing in the display usually dictates how much time I will spend working on it the next year. There was one year I changed so little in the display I didn't reprogram any of my sequences until Thanksgiving day. If I make major changes to the display, I will usually start the programming sometime in March.

That said, I think everyone here is going to work at their own pace. Just because someone is already working on their 2014 (not a typo) display, don't let it stress you out.

TDOVEL,

Remember this. All of these guys who say that they start working on their display for next year while the display is up and running this year. Well they all are old men that have no SEX life. If they had a SEX life, they be spending more time wining and dining the wifey. :rolleyes:

TDOVEL,

Remember this. All of these guys who say that they start working on their display for next year while the display is up and running this year. Well they all are old men that have no SEX life. If they had a SEX life, they be spending more time wining and dining the wifey. :rolleyes:

Speak for yourself :)

TDOVEL,

You have to bribe your wife? Lol
  • Like 1

TDOVEL,

What is SEX? Is this something new LOR will rolling out?

Wife said no more Christmas stuff this year but maybe next year I can get some of this SEX!