Light-O-Rama Forums

Clipboards

John (oldandslow)

I started using clipboards giving each a name and when I brought them into my saved clipboards in my sequence I couldn't read them so I went into the file and renamed them fan 1, arch 1 etc. I then brought them back but they still had the original hard to read name. What am I doing wrong? How many can I have on my board at one time. I am using S2

Would I be able to save more in S3 vs S2.

Thanks for any help

John

When you rename a clipboard, don't do it outside of the Sequence Editor.

Try this:

• Right Click Clipboard you want to rename
  • Remove from Saved List
  • Right Click again, Rename - Type the new name
  • Right Click again, Save Clipboard.

Don, thank you, it works great. How many clipboards can I save.

I have been thinking of upgrading to to the new s3 and the basic ccr for the auto sequencer.

Will the clipboards work the same?

Again thanks

John

The clipboard feature works the same in S2 and S3.

As for how many you can have, well, I have 63 in my clipboards folder. Not all are loaded in the SE at once mind you, but they are there if I need them.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to butt in. I am not sure of all the forum protocols yet. I beleive you are discussing a topic of interest to me. Do you use clipboards like a "toolbox" of often used sequences. I want to be able to pull up an arch for instance and I do not want to have to cut and paste from an old song. Are you using clipboards to accomplish this and if so how?

John, I resemble your (old and slow) LOL. Something about Clipboards I have come to use a lot, is a utility written by Itsmebobo. He has a FLIP utility that takes LOR clipboards mirrors them and allows you to save them for loading back into the Sequence Editor. Search for any posts he has done and there is a link to his site with the Utility. A must if you use the Clipboard a lot.

Judy, There is nothing wrong with having mulitple sequences opened up and cutting and pasting from existing sequences. Sometimes, movements don't lend themselves to creating a saved clipboard as you may only want a part of a movement. I generally don't save clips outside of my active session. I tent to use them within a sequence for the repetitive parts. I find I use clips more in conjunction with the above mentioned utility and keep it opened all the time while I am in the SE.

Something I have done in the past is to create a movement sequence. For my Mega Tree or LLA's, I have a sequence that has all my unique movements for an element. I open it up and cut and paste from it.

Using the Stretch to Fit option is one of the best enhancements LOR added to the SE. It should also not be overlooked when using clips or cut and paste.

Edited by zman