Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP in Visualizer, cant figure it out....

petek157

I am having a terrible time figuring out or finding out how to add a CCP to a visualizer file.

I have 1-CCP (two 50 pixel strings) that form a triangle starting at a point and closing in the middle of a side.

I have tried just about everything that I can think of. I dont understand how to setup the "dual string" CCP.

I would then like to use this visualization file in SuperStar.

Help!

Thanks,

Pete

Edited by petek157

In the visualizer draw 2 CCRs - 1 each for the 50 ct string. Set the first fixture's address (Network & unit), and then set the second fixtures address to the same network, and unit + 1.

forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/22529-ccp-in-2-strings-in-visualizer-help/

Take a look at this. Once you have it set up in Dual, you need to create 2CC Devices in your shape in the visualizer, the way you want it. Your CCP will have 2 ids ie: string 1 will be unit 1 and string 2 will be unit 2. This is the way it needs to be set in the Visualizer too. If you cant get it to work, pm me and when i get home we'll try to hash it out.

You beat me to it Mike.

Edited by Ron Boyd

I wish I could get this kind/speed of help in the professional world. You ask questions there it takes 4 days to get a reply. Thanks, I will go back to it and let you know how it turns out.

Thank again,

Pete

OK, CCP#1 is programmed to Unit ID 6. So I create 2-CCR's both on regular network one with unit ID#6 the second has unit ID#7. What if now (which I do) I want a second CCP on the visualizer that is actually programmed to Unit ID#7? What do I set the second 2-CCR fixtures in visualizer too?

I'd # 7, same as what the sequence editor. When you expand the CCP strings, left click on the first RGB channel on string 2 and it should say id7. When you create your second CCD in the Visualizer it will be ID7 also. See if that works now.

It can't be #7.....

2 CCRs = 1 CCP.

When you add the CCP to the SE, you are going to put it in with 2 separate unit IDs (ID and ID+1). The first 50 pixels are unit, and the second 50 are unit+1. If you add another device (be it controller, CCR, CCP, CCF, whatever) that matches one of those 2 IDs, then that device is going to do exactly the same things. For example, if you add a 16 channel controller with the same unit ID as the second string of your CCP, Those 16 channels are going to do the exact same thing that the 16 channels on the CCP.

Sorry, Misunderstood. I thought he was talking about string 2 on the first CCP. My Bad.

If I understand it now, this will be a second set of CCPs, 4 strings instead of 2? If that's the right conclusion, Then you would create the second set, and they would be numbered CCP string 1 Unit ID # 8 and CCP String 2 Unit ID # 9

OK, How about this: 1 CCP (2 strings)

I set this up In a Christmas tree shape triangle. Controller will be at the bottom with pixel #1 on both strings, in the center. Pixels # 50 on both strings will be at the apex at the top. You can see how it's set up and then do it how you wanted it, with them meeting on the sides.

The reason I set it up this way is to get the controller where it will reach Pixel 1 on both strings and, the CCPs have a 2' lead, so the farthest Pixels # 1 can be is 4'.

Hope this helps.

Again, sorry about mis-posting, I misunderstood the question.

Ron

Edited by Ron Boyd

No problem about misunderstanding the question. So in reality I need to reprogram my CCP's to ID 6 and ID 8 rather then ID 6 and ID 7. Then in Vis. they setup as 6&7 and 8&9 correct?

Then I intend to import the vis. to SS sequence, and export to SE.

Well we'll see how it goes. Again thanks for the help.

Pete

Correct.

ID # 6 in Native Mode unit lD +1, (the second string on this controller will become ID # 7) CCDs in visualizer will be the same

ID # 8 in Native Mode unit lD +1, (the second string on this controller will become ID # 9) CCDs in visualizer will be the same

You should have 2 CCDs in the sequence editor, when expanded, you'll have 2 strings per CCD. Now you should be able to start sequencing and the visualizer will show, on the 4 strings, what you have in the SE.

Happy sequencing,

Ron

I am trying to setup SE and have found that if I insert a CCD and in the CCD settings panel select

type: CCB w/ 2 strings

base unit ID: Native mode (single unit ID)

Unit ID for CCB String 2: String 2 has its own unit ID (native mode Unit ID + 1)

the second string doesnt work. But if I set

Unit ID for CCB String 2: Channels continue using base Unit ID

It does.

I am struggling to then figure how to connect that into visualizer because its looking for 2 seperate IDs.

This is bumming me. Im going to get it thou :)

Ok, so you are saying that the actual CCBs don't work unless you have 'Channels Continue' set, right?

if so, start up the HWU and set the actual hardware CCB to "String 2 has its own unit ID (native mode Unit ID + 1)"

Then the Visualizer AND the hardware will work.

DevMike, what if I want one unit ID to be 320 channels for both strings? Would that work in the visualizer? Thx!

DevMike, what if I want one unit ID to be 320 channels for both strings? Would that work in the visualizer? Thx!

No. While you can do that with the SE, the visualizer only understands 50 pixel CCDs. The Visualizer wants each string of a CCB to be a fixture.

DevMike, I have one of my CCB's strings flipped so that pixel 1 is on the far end. The Visualizer doesn't take that into consideration does it? It always wants pixel 1 to be nearest the controller regardless of how it is set in orientation in the sequencer or hardware wise in the CCB hardware configuration. Is that correct? If so, then I need to draw some CCB strings backwards for it to work correctly in the Visualizer.

The pixel is the pixel, there is no notion of 'flipped'.

IE, if you turn on Pixel Order Numbering in the Options dialog, you'll see which pixel is #1, and which is #50. You have to put pixel 1 where pixel 1 should be.

If you use the 'Draw CCR Wizard' to create your pixels, it will follow the path as you draw it. So start where pixel 1 should be, and draw to were pixel 50 should be. People tend to draw left to right. You may have to draw right to left.

So for CCB's (regardless of how you have them configured to be flipped orientation-wise or hardware-wise), pixel 1 will always be the closest pixel to the controller in the Visualizer. I used the Draw CCR Wizard to create the pixels in the order they will be hardware-wise (Pixel 1 on the farthest end away from the controller), but that won't work if you draw them that way in the Visualizer.

It's OK that it's that way. Just clearing things in my head. It's confusing with configuring them between the orientation of them in the sequencer (which doesn't really change the addressing of the pixels at all), the hardware configuration of them in the hardware utility (which will flip them address-wise putting pixel 1 at the farthest end of the string), and how they don't relate to the orientation (within SE) or the hardware configuration within the Visualizer.