Light-O-Rama Forums

New E1.31 To DMX Bridge

Guest wbottomley

Does anyone know if you cna set the IP address on this unit or is it fixed?

Yes you can set the IP address on the bridge. The production board (Not shown in the picture in this thread) has an optional MAC address IC much like RPMs, but will not be included in the BOM since it is surface mount and not required. I decided to add it after the prototypes for those who really wanted it. Most users do not need this so to save confusion (or someone trying to install it but never working with surface mount ICs) it will not be part of the BOM.

• 3 months later...

What is the difference in the 2 kits? I want to run multiple universes in the future, so I think this is the answer. I just need to know what kit to buy.

When would this product be useful if your running E1.31 to a E1.31 controller then you wouldn't need anything and if you have multiple controllers couldn't you just use a network switch? or is this for running different types of DMX devices? Sorry just trying to wrap my head around things.

• 2 weeks later...

I too am new to this technology. Is the bridge pictured above all I need to connect my LOR S3 advanced software to my LOR controller and also the renard24hc board that WLC ventures sells ? Im currently only running incands. Thanks

Edited by robo