Light-O-Rama Forums

Null pixel

ShayneT

Can a 1804 chip act as a null pixel for 2811?

I may need a null pixel basd on run from controller. The run is for 2811 3-5050 12V modules and I cannot find 12V 2811 single pixels and hate to waste a whole module for a null pixel.... I know that sounds cheap... ;-)

I cant see why not, you may get some flickering due the timing differences. It will be one of those things you test to see how well it will work. But if you give it a try then please report back and share the results

I cant see why not, you may get some flickering due the timing differences. It will be one of those things you test to see how well it will work. But if you give it a try then please report back and share the results

hey Eddy, whats going on with your site down under, it says it unavailable.

hey Eddy, whats going on with your site down under, it says it unavailable.

Not sure what went on, but its now back up, was down for most of the night down under.

Ill have to check with those that run the forum behind the scenes to see what happened, It may have been a server upgrade due to the attack the night before, or it may have been another attack.

Edit:

It was found that this was a dedicated attack on ACL from a source in the US, so it appears someone may have a beef with ACL and is trying to bring it down. Either way it is now being investigated

Edited by edvas69

Can a 1804 chip act as a null pixel for 2811?

I may need a null pixel basd on run from controller. The run is for 2811 3-5050 12V modules and I cannot find 12V 2811 single pixels and hate to waste a whole module for a null pixel.... I know that sounds cheap... ;-)

Couldn't you just use one of these to retransmit the data & clock: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/CD40106BE/296-3503-5-ND/376602

You would have to use 4 of the 6 gates because the gates invert.