Light-O-Rama Forums

Replacement 4 pin connector for CCR to controller?

lewishj

I had a mishap last season while taking down my CCR's. One of the 4 pin connectors, that connects the ribbon to it's controller, got crushed. Does anyone know what type of connector that is, or where I can find them? Thanks for any help.

Here are the Digikey part numbers as well:

WM1125CT-ND (need 4)

WM1847-ND

John -- Any part #s for extension cables and/or connectors for CCP/CCBs? Not interested in extending, but maybe to have on-hand in case of damage! Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

---Michael

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here are the Digikey part numbers as well:

WM1125CT-ND (need 4)

WM1847-ND

John - 

Hoping to brush the dust off this older post.  

Do you also have the Digikey or Mouser part numbers for the complementing pins/receptor?  I need to make some short extensions and I want to be sure both ends are compatible with the CCR and controller.

Thanks for your help.  

We do not recommend extending the leads for Cosmic Color Bulbs, Pixels, or Ribbons. 

CCDs are digital devices - that means there is not just power running on the wires, but data as well. The timing signals sent across those wires have little room for tolerance and after about 6 feet this becomes a real issue. Best practice is to keep the controller as close to the Cosmic Color Device string as possible.

I just received these a few days ago. I ordered enough to make 16 extensions. $30.21 with shipping.

Digi-Key

WM1847-ND

WM1125CT-ND (Female pins)

WM1857-ND

WM1127CT-ND (Male pins)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3jj6mdfq0xjtqd8/AACkFOAYxHkTH7guDUGYj4Wba?dl=0

Thanks cjcruz.  What are using for a crimping tool?  www.bandc.biz/openbarrelcrimptool.aspx is the cheapest I've found so far.

Thanks cjcruz.  What are using for a crimping tool?  www.bandc.biz/openbarrelcrimptool.aspx is the cheapest I've found so far.

I haven't gone that far yet. I do have a few crimping tools similar to the one on your link. Also going to solder mine to make sure I have a good connection. I'm going to make 10' and 5' extension then test them with all of my 12 CCR sequences. I know Light O Rama doesn't recommend extensions but I need to see for myself. Note: Digi-Key sells extensions but are pricey.

Last year (thanks to Scott) I used 6' extensions for the CCBs with no problems whatsoever.  Last night I tested a 10' extension on both outputs from the CCB controller and had no problems.  YMMV.

That's great info George. All I need is 10' for my CCRs. I like to put my controllers where I want them. I'll post my results once I make my extensions and test.

My 12' CCB cables worked great last year as well.  I really don't need any more than 4 or 5 feet for the CCR tree, there just isn't a good spot to discreetly mount the controllers and still connect all 12  CCRs in my display.  If the leads were two to 3 feet longer, I'd be fine.  

I haven't gone that far yet. I do have a few crimping tools similar to the one on your link. Also going to solder mine to make sure I have a good connection. I'm going to make 10' and 5' extension then test them with all of my 12 CCR sequences. I know Light O Rama doesn't recommend extensions but I need to see for myself. Note: Digi-Key sells extensions but are pricey.

Where did you see the info for the extensions?  Just curious about the cost.  By the time you spend $32+ for the crimper, and the wire, you are well over $100 for 12 extensions.  

When placing my order I ask to speak with a tech to make sure I was buying the right connectors and pins. We briefly talked about ready made extensions. Forgot what sizes he gave me prices on. Think they were about $12 to $16 each. That's out of my price range. I wasn't able to find it on their web site.

• The topic was locked